Need Help, company left wife and I stranded

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Stangug, Apr 2, 2023.

1. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    At least there didn’t leave you stranded at a truck stop , or on the road , like a lot of companies do .

moth a lot of companies the drivers learn the company is shut down when their fuel cards won’t work and no one answered the phone when they called the company.

that, said , you will have much better odds of receiving assistance from family
    And friends than total strangers .

The name of the company is meaningless.
    And has no relevance to this situation

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Well, 1st, they want their equipment back and did exactly what I'd expect, bring them back, like it's for the good, and then drop the bomb. 2nd, To me, a name means everything, or it used to. Trucking companies that had actual names on the door, and were proud of it. Company names like BEST FOODS, or Schmit Trucking, or Crystal Farms, CREDIBLE names,,BLITZ,like that's suppose to be something special,,,,sorry, that is just pixx poor and rarely do companies NOT named foolish names , go under.
    These folks will do okay, if they have 6 years, plenty of options, just at a low spot now. You can bet they will be more careful NEXT time. If they listen to Chinatown, they simply can't go wrong, and if the poster is still here, check in again with Chinatown. He has nothing but the best of the best for jobs, and I doubt would endorse a place called BLITZ EXPRESS.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Contact the organization in the link..Or try calling your Church in your hometown.

Truckers Emergency Assistance Responders - GuideStar Profile

To me the biggest immediate problem is having your dogs with you.. What you could have done was temporarily put your dogs in a shelter and taken a bus home.

Unfortunately we’re probably going to see more posts like yours as freight rates continue to fall.

Your post Is unique because you didn’t add a Go Fund Me link or gmail address to send money.

Hope all works out for you and you get back on your feet.

Best of luck..

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Home - Wilson Logistics
    Rider & 2 pets
    ~
    • Double Bunks
    • 24” TVs With Satellite TV
    • 1500-Watt Inverters
    Refrigerator

Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  6. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    I always wondered, if you are gonna bring the wife along, why doesnt she get her CDL as well and run team? So many of these guys with the wife riding along, put her ### to work. :p You are gonna be in the truck all day anyway, might as well make double the money.

Aamcotrans and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  7. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    The one big lesson here, all drivers should always have with them(or access to) enough funds to get home, no matter where. If I got a message from my employer to ‘bring the truck in, we’re done’ the truck would get parked and I would on the horn making plans.

JoeTruck, gekko1323 and ZVar Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.