New Driver in Training, Need Info from A to Z about "The O J Account"/Miles etc......

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Pirate Trucker XOXX, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Pirate Trucker XOXX

Pirate Trucker XOXX Medium Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Orlando,Fl. & NC & VA
    Hello, Koolguy, I'm still with my trainer, working on the Home Depot account based out of Lake Park, Ga. running the whole state of Florida, I'm 45 yrs. young but have little desire to unload any freight, not that I can't just don't want to. I'm really more interested in seeing the western states and getting a load of miles and become more adjusted to the solo gigg with a pretty steady route,yeah the slip seat I don't really like, but If it's that bad, I'll stick it out for a few months, then go to the OTR/48 and get a truck so I know won't have to worry about WHO didn't take care of it.

for GAPathfinder, Thanks for the reply, where did you get the info about the 33.5 cents per mile?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Koolguy

Koolguy Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Trenton,NJ
    hey good luck out there, but u can start OTR as soon as your done training. I did when i first became a soloist...

Pirate Trucker XOXX Thanks this.
  4. Pirate Trucker XOXX

Aug 2, 2012
    Orlando,Fl. & NC & VA
    Yeah I know, but where I'm rookie, I want to wade into the water, not go straight off the high dive. from the info I've got from Werner trainers, the OJ account runs Tropicana OJ from Fl. to Fontant, CA. then to Chicago, Ill, then back to Fl. so it kinda seems like a dedicated account, and I'll get to see alot more of the
    US. plus get a good idea of what it's like to be OTR, It's the best of both worlds, but on a smaller scale.

5. Pirate Trucker XOXX

Aug 2, 2012
    Orlando,Fl. & NC & VA
    hey Koolguy, I forgot to say where I live. Home right now is in East Orlando, Fl.:O_o_1PIRATES8:

6. GAPathfinder

GAPathfinder Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    I got the 33.5 cpm from the recruiter I spoke to, as I considering returning to the road. Now, that was based on my experience level too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.