Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I'll start ;)

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Why have i still seen Schneider company trucks at Amazon plants I use to haul loads out of but are no longer on the load board?
    Not just that but many of the high $ high service loads are no longer offered to us but I see company trucks at those locations when I drive by. You can call it dedicated but those amazon loads I hauled weren't dedicated at the time. They had the same appointment every week sooo instead of offering it to us anymore they might have made it dedicated to company drivers. That's still screwing us over on good loads.

Not only all that but also all I know first hand speaking to shippers and Schneider company drivers at customers of loads that go out on company trucks that aren't ever offered to us.
    Oh how fun it is to bump into a Schneider company driver working for .37 a mile telling me he's hauling my $3 a mile load Schneider hides from us now angry9:

They don't offer all the same loads to us, that's bs.
    I've camped the load board long enough to learn this early on.
    Beyond all that I know this for a fact, I bumped into someone higher up within Schneider that was on site of a new account that flat out told me Schneider has a simple way to hide loads from us.
    I was told "someone made a mistake forgot to hit the button to hide these loads from us" which I booked. The customer and the Schneider guy was only expecting company trucks to show up, when I did that's when all this came out.

Even with all this being said and all the BS I was cool and fine with it as long as Schneider kept providing a decent supply of good paying loads.
    Those days are over.
    The final straw for me was when Schneider messed with the rates.
    A load I hauled on a Monday doesn't get the Linehaul rate cut by 30% and FSC cut by 50% two days later.
    Sorry yeah no and crap like that was happening over and over again.
    Best was when a customer said "I wish they'd cut the rate for us like they have for you O/O's hauling it!" :eek::eek::eek:

Can I blame Schneider?
    They have an endless supply of drivers lined up willing to haul cheap freight heck give it to them and keep the gravy for themselves that's business.
    This program has turned into Schneider wanting drivers just smart to book loads, be on time and safe but dumb enough to work for cheap and put up with all this bs.

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    And this is why I left... I have Schneider on audio tape from a recorded phone call admitting to me that when you have suppose if cancelled loads it's because they're taking them off the ic and put them on the company trucks... cuz I was at home when they sent me an email saying my loaded cancelled from Houston to Laredo and I called in and asked about it and they said it cancelled I said that's a bunch of BS it's a P&G raw material of the comes out every single week Monday through Friday sometimes during the weekend as well and I've been to the place so many times they know me personally and that's when they admitted to me what I stated about them taking loads off of owner-operators and putting them on company trucks... At that point I made the decision to held them I'm out of here you're not going to turn around and start stealing loads for me and screwing my pay up and my bank account up... I haven't regretted leaving at all either

5. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Well that didn't take long....so $3 a mile huh? That would equate to $1.95 a mile for an O/O correct? I saw a brand new O/O right out of class book a load for $1.78 a mile and he had no clue what he was doing. I have also seen BS cheap freight but apparently he was a pretty smart guy right off the back to get that good of rate. (Cali to Denver)

I've seen the boards because I've been trying to figure out if this was a route I wanted to go. This is what I learned.

Loads for tuesday and wednesday next week were booked by O/O's today. If you looked at the board there would be 50 loads and 30 were booked by O/O's already. That means the highest revenue loads for next tuesday/wednesday have already been booked by O/O's.

That's how it should be. I also watched as O/O's over book and loads have to be recovered at the last minute. No one complains it just get's recovered.

I looked for everything I heard about from O/O's on here and other places and didn't find it. If someone told you something or you heard from a shipper than good but I haven't seen it. What I have seen is 50 loads on the load board open to all and the low weight, drop and hook open delivery loads swallowed up by O/O and all the time wasting loads for company drivers.

It is what it is.

6. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Schneider choice is an independent company driver position. Very little freedom for supposedly being an o/o.

TennMan, spyder7723 and driverdriver Thank this.
  7. warhippy

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Well that's my cue to leave.....Good luck gentlemen....believe what you want!

8. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    You didn't study the load board too hard. I know of 5 people myself that can attest to what FW said. We all experienced it. Yes, there is still some good loads on the board but at one time an o/o had to screw up or take time off to not gross at least 4k a week on 2100-2300 miles. It can still be done on occasion now but not as easy or consistent.

9. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Lol. That didn't take long. Drink some more orange kool-aide & you'll feel better.

Opus, poppapump1332, TennMan and 2 others Thank this.
  10. warhippy

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    So what your saying is you have to work now to gross 4k a week running 300-350 miles a day in an ungoverned truck doing nothing but drop and hook? What would take home be like $1500? Just curious.

11. warhippy

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I've done pretty good drinking the Kool Aide the last 3 years. Is there better? Sure but I know the systems and understand how it all works. I'm trying to run smarter not harder.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.