Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    That's the idea. You're thinking correctly

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aramil248

aramil248 Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    Like unless I want to be home weekly northeast is just for hometime. But I have learned you don't earn any money with weekly hometime. 12+ days out is needed. Currently winter is just hating me. So what I would do is get a load of like Poland spring/nestle water out of Maine to who knows where then grab a load towards the west. I know I need to learn a bit more but I guess that would be easy to learn

4. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    I'm pretty sure they won't hire ICs from Maine....

Put your zip code into schneiderjobs.com....

I seem to remember someone else on one of these forums stating this...

Best of luck...

Roll on...

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  5. aramil248

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    SingingWolf Thanks this.
  6. aramil248

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    Also I already talked to a guy at sfi. He was wondering when I'm up for starting. I'm currently waiting to learn a bit more. I'm thinking about staying with Shaffer for another month to save up a bit more money while at the same time learn more about the leasing. also adds another month to my driving experience so there's that

7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    good plan. Don't let anyone rush you. Think about it. Read about it. Plan for it. Work your plan.
    Good luck.

SingingWolf and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  8. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    You must be a mind reader

9. aramil248

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    So currently based off what I'm reading. How I would choose freight I would look at both pay and miles then look at loads in that delivery area. Instead of looking at .xxcpm I see like $1.50/mile. A few questions I guess people here can answer. I could ask Schneider but i feel like I would get better answers here.
    1. Are the trucks governed? Not saying I want to go 80mph down the highway. Just don't want to be stuck with 63 Schneider speed.

2. Could someone give me a example of a weeks pay? Doesn't need to be a good week.

I probably will come up with more questions but that's what I currently got. I was going to start reading though this whole forum but 906 pages. I would rather read a book. Sometimes I feel like I should just make a thread asking this stuff but I think for others having all this info in one place helps

10. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    use the search function with key words. there are several ic threads sharing experience. and numerous threads begun asking the same types of questions, so good on ya for not adding to that clutter.

be a good idea to identify the current ics and pm them as well...

11. aramil248

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    feel like most of the current ones watch this thread. I'm not sure about pming it just feels wrong to me for some reason

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.