Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I just left Palatka Yesterday and got 1.43 a mile counting deadhead but I took the load out of Georgia. I deadheaded to Ga. Well actually Bobtailed.

I do agree with Whipper there better pay good going in.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    There is a lot of things going on in Charleston, Sc....freight is not one of them. You might want to check with SNI, I think they don't hire in that area. I could be wrong.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  4. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Man i feel ya there im not married but some days its nice being 1,000 miles away from her. Other days not so easy but for the most part i have fun doing this

Hegemeister and Blackhawk driver Thank this.
  5. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I like being away from my wife, and I like being with my wife. It balance our relationship.

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    actually Schneider has now a new policy for Florida south of Tampa to Orlando line and it is the following. ...they will not allowed no owner operators to deadhead out of Florida for South Florida that is because of an incident that happened in the not so distant past from what I was informed in Green Bay

7. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    If SNI has a new policy then they should let everyone in on the secret. Plus, They can't stop an O/O from deadheading anywhere!! Then that becomes an employee/employer relationship when they start dictating what we can or cannot do. Just ask them for that policy in writing and there isn't one.

Dominick253 and Boy Howdey Thank this.
  8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    That happened because they had several owner ops del in Miami and never let anyone know they were dead heading out of there prior to getting there..so sni booked loads for those guys and then the day of the customer called asking where are the trucks...they then found out the o/o's left. ..so sni had loads booked but no trucks..

9. Home_on_wheels

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    That's always SNI's story. Fact is, CS books loads as soon as they see loads going there not knowing who is delivering the loads, company guys or O/Os. Not knowing their NATs or NALs. So, what if the O/Os delivered in Miami but went to Fort Pierce, which is below the Tampa/Orlando line, to get a load. The loads in Miami are still needing trucks. See my point??

10. Home_on_wheels

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    I, for one, won't go to Miami no matter what it pays!!! I went there once and everyone on the dock was carrying a Glock 9 mil. That tells me something!!

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  11. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    They told me that story in orientation.
    When I went to Florida I almost deadheaded out because I ain't taking no .90 load to Maine haha no not happening. I biotched about that whole Florida rule in class and they said they will work with you on that a in allowing you to say do a T-Call on a load and relay it with a company driver.
    There's no way I'll ever be stuck pulling a cheap load a great distance unless I'm coming out of Colorado.. that's about it.
    Anyways we have to remember here that this is Schneider and they are clueless half the time.
    They have loads on the board that pay negative rates and sometimes even 40 mile relay loads that pay $800.. I would know because I did one and got paid for it lmao. One time I called night shift and they flat out told me they don't know anything about hours of service :biggrin_25521:
    So yeah they say things in class but generally Schneider is spaced out and leaves you alone lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.