Please Explain This To Me

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by BookingYou19, Sep 25, 2013.

1. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    You come on here and want others to commiserate with you. Whether the carrier is right or wrong has no bearing on the outcome of the problems. They aren't going to change. Someone on here agreeing with you changes nothing. The problem is with the sale of the load. You know there are going to be problems yet you put all the sell on the front end and leave nothing for the back end. If you did,the things you complain about would be a non issue.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BookingYou19

BookingYou19 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Forest Lake, MN

In the produce world you can only offer a finite amount of information, loads change. There is no way to make it a non issue. You never know when a load is going to change, that is the point. To find out how to make the changes with the least amount of resistance to continue on either end.

4. wichris

Jan 17, 2011
    Don't try to tell me about produce. Can you not understand the art of selling it cheaper on the front end and giving more on the back end? Do that and it is a non issue.

5. BookingYou19

Aug 2, 2013
    Forest Lake, MN
    Why would I not bring up produce? It is the reality of the beast.

Of course I can, I am a broker. You are always trying to get the best price on the front. We dont keep our fingers crossed that the load will change. I wish we did know which loads were going to change, then it would be a non issue. That way we could work out the terms before hand. I'm not going to do that on every load or carriers will get spooked on the load.

6. wichris

Jan 17, 2011
    Well it's obvious that you know everything. Yet you're the one on here complaining about carriers. Easy fix for it,we've done it for years and very few of our loads ever have a carrier problem. But as I said,you already know it all but still complain. Good luck with it.

7. BookingYou19

Aug 2, 2013
    Forest Lake, MN
    Yeah, I know everything, that is why I am getting input from carriers that help me out. Debating isnt saying you are right about everything. It is to find what problems there are in attempts to fix them, you seem to think those problems are black and white, which they are not.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
  8. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    BookingYou19, you need to realize that not every answer you receive on this is going to be "helpful" in your eyes. The arguing, bickering, and insulting STOPS, it serves no purpose and keeps good knowledgeable people from responding.

9. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    One broker arguing with another broker, priceless . Great debating tactic , whatever any one says declare it has no value . This disdain for the group you may be working with for the next 25 years or longer , will make it seem twice as long . Wish you can find peace .

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  10. BookingYou19

Aug 2, 2013
    Forest Lake, MN
    I understand not everyone is going to agree, or think it is helpful. doesnt mean I am going to stop debating my point. I really enjoy the opposite points of view.

To be clear, I am the only one bickering, insulting and arguing?

11. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    No you are not ! But there is a common factor.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.