Quickest Route to Foodservice?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Rottedlog, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    @Cardfan89 is spot on. Your in the military this job will likely blow your current income away if your in your first 4 years I’m assuming. I’m on a 80k-100k pace. But I came to my company with a lot of driving experience and prior Foodservice exp. So they topped me out pretty fast. When I was at US Foods at starting pay around 19 hr 6 years ago I was gonna make 55k-60k at bottom rate. Think starting now is 25hr in my area. But topped guys were making a boat load of money. I can’t remember but my eyes got big when my trainer showed me his paystub for a 4 day work week starting at 5am off by noon or 2pm. Of course he was there for 15-20 years.

Rottedlog and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truck_guy

truck_guy Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2015
    SE MI
    McLane has a domicile in GR. Usually short handed, and a couple of the older guys are talking about retirement.

Radman and Rottedlog Thank this.
  4. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I made $76K last year at GFS, and I live pretty high on the hog for me I guess. However I'm not married and have no kids so my expenses are pretty low.

Rottedlog Thanks this.
  5. Rottedlog

Rottedlog Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Thanks all, I still dig the weather in TN but I'm from West Michigan so it may be a better option.

Mike2633 - That is some serious money for our part of the state, how long have you been there, does the pay scale move up from there? Are you out of the terminal off 44th? I would love to get into contact with you to talk more about it. PM me perhaps?

Also I used to work for a reefer LTL carrier out of Holland and we did a ton of work with you guys. That was quite a fun job everything from sales, brokerage, operations + route planning, appointments, warehouse..... even let me drive a few tractors in the yard around the cross dock.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    NTB Trucking is a good start. Several locations in Michigan and upper midwest. Reefer outfit hauling food for Meijers, but also other customers.
    Military
    NTB offers its appreciation for all Veterans and their service to our country, If you are a recent graduate of a certified truck driver training school, the NTB Apprentice Program has been reviewed and approved by the Veterans Administration. This allows Veterans to use their Montgomery GI Bill or their Forever GI Bill to receive money for training during their Apprenticeship. In some cases, if you haven't had CDL Training, your GI Bills may also pay for your schooling.
    [​IMG]
    Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, operates primarily in the Great Lakes Region: Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota, as well as Kentucky.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Rottedlog Thanks this.
  7. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I'm in Ohio.

Rottedlog Thanks this.
  8. Rottedlog

Rottedlog Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Woops, saw at home on the West Side and assumed, my bad sir.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  9. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Aint no thing. Send me a PM if you have any questions.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.