Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2014
    o_O

I must say, I've had far better luck in that regard.

I do a fair amount of fueling at Sapp Bros & AmBest, where I get .25-.35/gal discount, points, and showers.

Even when I hit a mom & pop shop, I save .30-.40/gal, which more than makes up for the cost of a shower.

I typically pay an average of about $3.35/gallon unless I'm in Cali, then around $3.60/gallon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I know, right! This fleecing business is just a terrible way to live! 😝

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  4. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

For me, being able to park without testing my ability to put a truck in a spot without greasing the sides is as important as free stuff. And that's usually as much a factor of time of day and location of the truck stop as anything else. I like wide open spaces and drive-through spots!

MachoCyclone and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  5. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    I have running a lot overnights the past couple of weeks. So, parking is not an issue for me.

6. Wifeofdz

Wifeofdz Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Update on us.

Just got our settlement for pay for tomorrow: Hubby i think did real good considering he did not leave til the 2nd of October. he had to wait a day for his truck so with that being said and I am trying to understand the way they do the settlement but here are his numbers: 10/2/2014 left the yard Ok to San Antonio tx loaded miles 523 empty 0. Oct the 3rd Carthage Tx to Pecos TX loaded 580. empty 343. Oct the 5th pecos Tx to Riverside Ca loaded 927 empty 0 October the 7th Colton Ca to Carson Ca loaded 65 miles empty miles 11 grand total miles driven 2449. Not to shabby. Considering again of a delay of leaving. fuel expense 932.73 I am not sure if that is good or average or high or low. I am only the wifey lol. And trying to understand how the pay checks work looks like a week behind since he did not get a check on the 8th. with this being said his net check is pretty darn impressive. Next week should be about the same more or less. From Ca on the 7th or 8th he got loaded to head to Wi and now that is done hes heading to Florida.

7. Mr. Mister

Jul 21, 2014
    Don't forget to hold back taxes. That tends to put things in perspective.

8. Mr. Mister

Jul 21, 2014
    I've been ghettoing it up with T-Mobile's $70/mo unlimited internet plan, but got tired of the frequent dead zones, so I bit the bullet and signed a 2 year contract with AT&T for a 10gb/mo plan for $140/mo (ouch).

I wanted the 30 gb plan, but I wasn't about to pay $225/mo.

Well, AT&T has a promotion going through the end of October where the 30gb/mo plan is $170/mo, so I grabbed it.

The network is much more reliable. I've gotten signal almost everywhere I've stopped, unlike T-Mobile where I had to scrounge for 3rd party wi-fi unless I was in a major metropolitan area. The peace of mind of knowing I won't be stranded on the side of the road with no way of calling anyone aside from the crappy qualcomm is worth the price tag, and having the data to keep up with my favorite shows is great.

Aminal Thanks this.
  9. Camaro355

Camaro355 Medium Load Member

Jan 13, 2014
    O'Fallon, MO
    One bad area for AT&T is on I-40 Texas stateline to just east of Albuquerque. They are upgrading the towers out there and it shows 4G connection but it's only incoming and not out going.

On the other hand I'm running to Denver for tomorrow night then get to go to my favorite place(sarcasm) JBS Greeley

Mr. Mister and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  10. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    I deliver at Sygma tomorrow morning at 11am. Then to Greeley for 1500 pickup to Tempe, AZ. Probably won't be ready, but they might surprise me.

11. Camaro355

Camaro355 Medium Load Member

Jan 13, 2014
    O'Fallon, MO
    LoL my past history with JBS Greeley is everything is at least 9 hrs late. Have yet to get a load out of there before end of drop time. Last two times I have gotten resets sitting at that little gas station down the street.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.