Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Flconcretesailor

Flconcretesailor Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Thanks Steel. That's another check in the plus column.having a mentor program or even having drivers that are willing to help makes a huge difference. where I'm at now the drivers tend to impose your will rather than impart their knowledge.it will probably be January before I can make you a move. have a safe and happy Thanksgiving and I'll keep in touch.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ryantruck

Ryantruck Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    I just wanted to wish all my friends are soon to be family at JCT as of Dec. 8, a Happy Thanksgiving to all. Animal, Steele, Cranky, just to name a few. You all are great mentors. Full of knowledge. Have a wonderful day and be safe.

Aminal Thanks this.
  4. Ryantruck

Ryantruck Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    Could someone please tell me how the FSC work? I am confused. Thanks.

Aminal Thanks this.
  5. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    For every mile you are paid you receive the fsc. So if you run 1000 mile you get your 1000×.90 and you get 1000×fsc.

6. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    Right now fscis .40 a mile.

7. Ryantruck

Ryantruck Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    So it would be $1.30 x 1000. Is that correct?

8. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    Yep that's right

Ryantruck Thanks this.
  9. Aminal

Aminal Heavy Load Member

Keep in mind FSC varies. It is based on the National Average. Each week the US DOE releases the National Averages for the various fuels and ours gets adjusted up or down accordingly on Diesel. National Average goes up; our FSC goes up. National Average goes down, our FSC goes down. I'm not boasting by any means but with thoughtful fueling strategy I have been able to keep my personal average price per gallon well below the DOE National Average and I (I know I'm gonna get heat for this) actually look forward to the DOE National Average going up enough to kick up our FSC cause I make better money by economizing my fuel burn and purchasing well below National Average. Fuel is your biggest expense. It MUST be controlled to the best of your ability. I'm here to tell you ATBS will tell you the average JCT client's fuel expense percentage (a function of revenue divided by fuel) is 51%, but you can do much better. I closed last month at 36.8%. It takes work and discipline - but it's totally doable if you get into the right habits from day one.

crxdc Thanks this.
  10. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Here's a repost of my explanation of fuel surcharge

Aminal Thanks this.
  11. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    That thinking isn't out of line by any means. I personally hope fuel would reach an average of $5.00/gallon. I could make some serious money with that. LOL

crxdc and Aminal Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.