Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. khinja/ jct 3128b

khinja/ jct 3128b Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Look at schneider, mercer transportation and interstate interstate distributor also. They have more freedom and make more money then jct. Ungoverened trucks and you can make any changes to the truck if u want if u into that flashy truck stuff and you pick your own loads. No dispatcher or planners

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    I would get a mentor if you come here. I am doing a 2600 mile trip with 3 stops...making a whopping 586 dollars. I'm in a brand new kenworth t680 averaging 6 mpg. 36000 miles on the truck and my mpg has been dropping steadily. Also, make sure and run your mpg by odometer and calculator. In my truck both the qc and the panel read out are off by as much as 1.5 mpg.

4. khinja/ jct 3128b

Dec 13, 2015
    Dam 6mpg doe. I was getting 7.2 mpg doing 70 n when i was there. 2015 cascadia. It had 180k when i turn it in

5. kanidana

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Yeah, I wish. My settlements have been dismal since I got this truck. I started manually checking my mpg and found out why. I don't typically top off my tanks but I started to do so just to double check my numbers. Low settlement explanation became clear.

6. khinja/ jct 3128b

Dec 13, 2015

7. khinja/ jct 3128b

Dec 13, 2015
  8. dhkwanderer

dhkwanderer Gone, but never forgotten.

Jun 7, 2015
    Rogers, AR
    Because the qc and the panel readout don't take in to acct the apu. Averaging 7.38 in my Pete even with the apu

9. khinja/ jct 3128b

Dec 13, 2015
    If jct loads wasnt so heavy mpg would b 10 times better.

10. kanidana

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    I still don't know. As far as mpg, nothing I can do about that. Tested at all speeds best mpg at 70 mph. I'm guessing I need to figure out how to swap more to maximize per load profit. 41s are useless when you have time to make delivery and won't be early. Even when i'll be early, 41s sometimes do not yield optimum results.

11. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    Schneider will not allow you to modify a leased truck without their approval. You need to finish the lease and pay off the balloon payment to own the truck before you can do anything you want to it. Most other leases are the same as a lease is just renting the equipment and the leaser wants to approve any modifications to their equipment. Schneider Choice is not taking on new IC’s at this time other than to replace once that leave.

Mercer does not lease trucks at all. They did have an arrangement with Quality leasing (http://qualityco.com/lease-purchase-program/) at one time but the Mercer threads say are no longer taking on trucks from Quality leasing at this time and some people who already leased their truck from Quality are having problems getting a trailer from Mercer as Mercer seems to put them at the back of the line. You need to ether lease/purchase a trailer from Mercer or provide your own to run with them.

I agree though that there is more money to be made and more freedom on where you run with some other lease programs then JCT but some people prefer to be dispatched and do not want to have to plain their own loads in addition to driving and that is why they go with companies like JCT.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.