Scale crossing photo tagging technology...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Scooter Jones, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Manufacturing companies and chain stores set up cameras to track where expensive & inexpensive cars go so to better utilize their advertising money. They can track you all the way across a city and it gives them a better idea as to where to place billboards or mailouts, etc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    All of this high tech gadgetry isn't going to ever go away. Regulations are really the problem regardless of how enforcement embraces "gotcha contraptions".

4. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    Aurora (southbound) is the only scale in OR with a camera. I'm not sure if it takes your picture if you bypass, I suspect it does based on personal experience. All the other OR scales, they enter your license manually as you approach the scale. As soon as they hit enter they see all your prior scale crossings for a given period back. If you don't cross the scale you're not in the system.

WA has license plate scanners at most scales. You're automatically entered in the system whether the scale is open or closed. OR and WA share data. I've had an OR trooper whine to me about a WA scale crossing time on my logbook.

The only California scale with a camera or scanner is the new coop @ Cordelia eastbound. They have so much gadgetry up there I can't figure it all out. I haven't been through the new one at Primm yet, I suspect it's the same if not worse. Per my local former trucker turned CHP, CA is not routinely sharing or accessing any other states data yet. That's not to say that somebody at Dunsmuir couldn't call Medford and ask one of his buddies for the info.

I avoid Aurora whenever possible via the Mollala scenic bypass.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    CA has access to Oregon crossings.

So, you're sure that Aurora south is the ONLY Oregon highway that uses photo tagging? ;-)

6. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Cottonwood also shares with Oregon.

double yellow Thanks this.
  7. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Not to be contrarian, but it was actually rather simple. He ran some heavy test fishing line thru his dash to his plate, which was mounted on hinges. As he would approach the toll, he simply pulled on the fishing line, causing the plate to flip up and not be visible.
    Who knows how much longer he might have gotten away with it if he had a little more thought put into it. They finally caught him because they noticed he was doing it generally the same time and/or days, so they just set up and waited and sure enough there he was! Lol

not4hire and Big_D409 Thank this.
  8. RGN

RGN Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2014
    I know Klamath Falls has them, so I had to look:
    "Bypass detection systems are recording truck traffic at Ashland, Cascade Locks, Farewell Bend, Klamath Falls, La Grande, Umatilla, and Woodburn. The cameras are much more efficient than calling police for assistance or chasing a truck in order to identify it."

9. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Cottonwood, CA has cameras. They're nice guys there, if it isn't busy ask for a tour...

10. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    I'm not talking about bypass detection systems for Pre-Pass. I'm talking about cameras or scanners that record you every time you go by or through.

11. Klleetrucking

Klleetrucking Medium Load Member

Dec 11, 2010
    S.C.
    Not to hijack. It's been a few years for me, but in Tx. at the "illegal alien enforcement check", they had a crazy array of electronic devices that apparently fed into a small trailer. What all were they looking at? In the name of National Security of course.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.