Schneider Bulk/Tanker Regional

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Jewellwjd, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Jewellwjd

Jewellwjd Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2018
    Hello I’m currently at orientation for sni bulk in houston. The training is really good in depth. I’m in the army so I know recruiters talk ########. I want to honestly know what regional bulk drivers with sni makes per week? My parking location is Baton Rouge/Reserve LA. I was told I would make 51cpm and 7500 sign on bonus guaranteed 1650 mi per week because I am an 88m transport operator in army. That I believe may be a lie because when I arrived at training they said I had 0 experience.

So honestly how much do y’all get paid per week gross!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I trust you were explained on the bonus as well.

Bonuses are paid over time. After 2 weeks you may see $1000, then again in 2 months. Then after 4 months, 6 months, 9 months and so on.

4. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    i hired on SNBC as a trucking noob in 2015 coming out of 7 years in the army and they set me up with the experienced bonus as well. had zero truck driving experience but i guess the steady work history and i guess verifiable trustworthiness is what they go on when they hire you as unexperienced or experienced. i never got into Jimi Hendrix so i don't know about all that.

Schneider has so many organizational compartments, the people you talked to in the hiring process from Green Bay have nothing to do and will probably never even speak with the people that do training in Houston or Reserve, except to maybe the one guy that runs the training program, that liaison dude that is like a counselor for new drivers and does all their admin stuff. You'll get the experienced bonus if that's what the phone people told you, i'd just double tap with the counselor guy that it's reflected in your hiring packet. it's paid out over a year in percentages i think, like 25%, 25%, 50% or something. if you got it verbally over the phone, try to get an email summary in writing of the job details in case there is a question later with your DBL in reserve.

the miles sounds about average, but that CPM is crazy high, market rates are up so maybe they're actually raising wages now. i started at what they said was 'experienced rate' at .43 cpm, and rarely saw over 2k miles a week. it averaged out to about 1500 a week over the course of 1.5 years. places like LA or New Jersey are hard to break orbit from once you get there. The northwest is pretty good to go to because emptys usually go back to Chicago or houston, which is a lot of light easy rolling. unless of course it's a winter wonder land where you can't even look at the brake pedal without the rig start trying to do Michael Jackson moves.

5. shatteredsquare

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    they make that bonus sound like they're being nice, but at the end of the day (end of the year), that bonus is really just the rest of your wages for the work you ended up doing.

spearhead!
    [​IMG]

06driver and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  6. xxxHAZMATxxx

xxxHAZMATxxx Bobtail Member

May 16, 2018
    It's 20%-20%-40%. There is no "so on".

7. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    That is only 80%?

gentleroger and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  8. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    The point to the so on. Is that the bonus is delayed over a year in time. Its a hook to try and get you to stay with the company until the annual bonuses would kick in from driving.

06driver Thanks this.
  9. Jewellwjd

Jewellwjd Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2018
    That’s fine with me, how much do you make per week gross? After taxes

10. shatteredsquare

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    Uncle Sam is gonna need to get in on that there bonus

06driver Thanks this.
  11. Jewellwjd

Jewellwjd Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2018
    I’m not super worried about the bonus I’m more worried about my regular pay check every week. What is an estimate gross every week?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.