Schneider chat room - Closed see new thread linked in the last post

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by TennMan, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jake.dontbrake

jake.dontbrake Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2012
    You dont have to put a note on off duty stops as long as you do a tiv if you leave the truck thats all thats required

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    You don't have to put a TIV on any stops. I've been here for a year and a half and have looked at my logs with OSRs. I've never put TIV down for anything and they haven't said one word. It doesn't even flag it.

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    You also don't HAVE to log any SB any more. It id now legal to log off duty in a PARKED CMV.
    As for notes, put in what you did. If you did a TIV than put it in, if you didn't don't, and nowhere in FMCSA does it say you have to have a noye under a location flag.

5. mangocat1

mangocat1 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    SoCal
    I do that Off duty instead of sleeper too... It's a hard habit to break :-/ Glad to know i wont be beaten when i finally get in for my annual. I'm like 2 months past due...

6. Sal-XK

Sal-XK Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2012
    ??????
    I've been happy here so far as we'll. I put in 3200 miles this week so no complaints. But the idle sensor has me thinking about bailing as well. Either that or I won't take any 34 on the road period unless its near someone I know and they can come get me.

7. jhill365

jhill365 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Thomaston, GA
    I am sitting in West Memphis waiting for Green Bay to decide if they want the shop to fix my truck or trade it. It is due for a trade in December and it has a massive oil leak and the transmission is leaking. The shop asked Green Bay at 11am central time and still has not heard anything. I lost two loads that were stacked up on me this morning because of it. Good thing I changed my hometime to next weekend and not this weekend because those two loads were my home loads. Oh well, I am going to the hotel again tonight and I will see what they find out in the morning.

8. ATruckerWidow

ATruckerWidow Light Load Member

May 8, 2012
    New England
    @femaledriver So glad to hear that you are alive and well! Lol..I was a bit worried. My husband went down to help out last week in Jersy. Wasn't told anything about any extra pay though. Wonder why...maybe because he drives in upper new england already? Any thoughts anyone?

9. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    The rule you are referring is for straight trucks RVs etc. Stationary vehicles

When a driver is resting in a vehicle that is NOT moving, the time can be logged “off duty.” This can be especially useful for a straight-truck, day-cab, or motorcoach driver who does not have access to a sleeper berth but is able to rest or sleep in a passenger seat.

Sleeper berth is still required and has to be at least 8 straight hours.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Female Driver Thanks this.
  10. OldRoadie

OldRoadie Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Picked up my "just pm'd" tractor a few hours ago in Edwardsville between p/u and drop... Get to experience the new sensor for the next 34 here at the Petro on 70 in Kingdom City, MO...

It's supposed to be nice for the next three days so I'm not expecting any "issues"...

If you go on line, you can order one free pair of boots a year... Been on payroll for a little under three months and have my "school issued" boots, and my "on-line" steel tied tennies.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    I took an 8-hour break to deliver my load on time. Then. Schneider shut mr down talking about they only allow ten-hour breaks. I did a 8/2. Is this true? I've been doing a 8/2 while st Werner. The only person that had a problem with it was a dude named Scott out of the Lebanon, TN OC.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.