SCHNEIDER CHOICE PROGRAM - FREEDOM AWAITS " YOU " by JAR-HEAD

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Jar-Head, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boethel

Boethel Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2010
    LaGrange, Texas
    Well I fly out at noon tomorrow for Charlotte. Looking forward to getting this thing started. Had 2 weeks to get ready, so ready to hit the road running. Thanks everyone who gave me information to get me to where I am...especially you Jar-Head. Hats off to ya

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jar-Head

Jar-Head Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2013
    9 SPEED DIRECT vs OD

I have tested this theory a few times and the issue with going in direct all the time is unless your empty or light ... Your boost levels will hit high numbers ... For instance today I was driving along at a boost of 4.6 and down shifted to the direct gear .. boost levels went up to 15.3 and as I drive along my economy went from 9.1 to 8.6 in just 30 Miles ..

It does pull better but it's not effective unless your light . OD keeps your RPM down and boost stable .

I reccomend anyone to get a scan gauge and watch your boost pressure and EGT's when in direct vs OD ..

The tgeroy rutyherford used in direct you may have heard on XM .. works but you must reduce your RPM to keep boost levels stable some of those guys run 54-55 in direct to achieve that ..

4. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    good luck, please let us know how things go for you.

Boethel and Jar-Head Thank this.
  5. Jar-Head

Dec 7, 2013
    Hey big daddy check your bat phone ... Lol

6. WOODSTOCK64

WOODSTOCK64 Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2014
    To DENALIDAD
    Know everything attitude? Hardly. Incomplete understandingof the law? Will be more than happy to discuss ANY law you want, pick one. Wrong facts? Maybe, didn’t look it back up andwent from memory. My mistake PLEASE FOGIVE ME for not having your level ofperfection. . However, 10 people dead because of why? Oh that’s right, they truckerMIGHT get to where they are going 5 minutes sooner.

7. Jar-Head

Dec 7, 2013
    Hey ,

And if you got any questions during the process post them or PM them and I'll get you situated and in good shape .

They through allot at you but don't fret .. that's why you have us here on the board to help you out and make the transition easy for you .

You will not absorb it all no-one does just go with the flow and it will work it's self out ..

Call if you need immediate assistance it's on 24/7

Boethel Thanks this.
  8. Jar-Head

Dec 7, 2013
    Please no wrestling matches on this thread especially off topic ones ..

mattbnr Thanks this.
  9. Jar-Head

Dec 7, 2013
    And that was not directed at you only Woodstock

10. WOODSTOCK64

WOODSTOCK64 Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2014
    On different note anyone see the PTL driver who drove intothe city park in Milwaukee claiming his GPS lead him there? It's good for a laugh...
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/driver-reportedly-blames-truck-stuck-milwaukee-park-gps/story?id=26891262

11. Jar-Head

Dec 7, 2013
    I did see that on the Facebook site I shared it on my page ... PTL is out of WK where I live ... Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.