Schneider regional no NYC?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by fuel463, Apr 9, 2020.

1. fuel463

fuel463 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2019
    How are the miles and do they keep you out of the northeast? I was told nothing north of Penn. Kind of hard to believe with all the freight Schneider has in the northeast

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Just refuse to go there.
    No one has ever forced me to go anywhere I did not want to go.

I have refused forced dispatch. I would love to see any company try and make me go anywhere.

fuel463 Thanks this.
  4. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    go any road with any load. makes you a better driver in the end. cant just run the flats in the summer

fuel463 and Valuable Asset Thank this.
  5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    To a point, I agree.

However if I am to run NE regional loads, I expect NE regional pay. What happens is you get a load into the market and then get stuck there doing short haul runs until it is time to go home, then they get a load out. The company makes bank while the driver gets screwed.

There are plenty of hills and "you want it WHERE?!" places west of Carlise where a new driver can develop and then hone their skills.

6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I ran midwest regional and had no problem averaging 2,500 miles a week on a 5.5 day average work week.

Please note I said AVERAGE. Some weeks are higher, some lower. Sometimes I stay out a few weeks, others I'm home for a 34+ every week.

Schneider does a good job of keeping you out of the NE, but your base pay rate is lower.

The other thing to think about is "How smart of a worker are you?" There are drivers that struggle to get 1,800 miles a week. I don't understand how or why, but it is a reality. It comes down to running smart, communication, and how hungry your are.

Good luck.

7. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    I would do NYC until the quarantine ends. Most companies pay extra for NYC and right now with minimal traffic you’ll never go below the speed limit until you hit the small roads. Honestly it’s not bad. Stay in the big interstate roads until you can’t no more then take the shortest local truck route to delivery.

truckdriver31 and fuel463 Thank this.
  8. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    hook up and ride. with todays auto. its just a good ride.

9. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Why not ? I do it all the time.
    It’s nice to be free. That was the whole point of this new invention called America.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.