So swift now requires you to go to CerteDrive clinic to take your DOT physical.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Trucks66, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    The whole cpap thing has never been an issue for me.
    6 feet and 165 pounds, so they never made me take that crazy test.

I agree that it is a scam. They target a certain group of people to stay on their gravy train.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    There are now way better options than using a CPAP if you have sleep apnea. I definitely have it when I hit a certain weight. But if I get my weight back down it goes away. There’s a surgical insert that they could do now basically completely gets rid of sleep apnea. After a couple of weeks you don’t even know it’s there and you don’t have to wear that stupid mask.

4. Saltyoldone

Saltyoldone Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Boise
    My company would pay for it but I didn’t see the point of doing CrossFit exercises to sit in a truck for 10 hours a day.
    So I pay for my own so I can go wherever I want. I’d rather go to an actual doctor. Then to some guy with a certificate in a gym.

Atlanta trucker and austinmike Thank this.
  5. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    I told the PA (to her face) that the sleep apnea test was a scam. Her response was to say that they (Concentra) did 80% of the DOT physicals in Phoenix and there was nothing I could do about it. I refused and they gave me a 3 month physical. Long story short: I'm back on a 2 year physical WITHOUT a sleep apnea test.

6. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Got a link for that?

Atlanta trucker Thanks this.
  7. Lennythedriver

Feb 14, 2020
  8. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I went through this in 2019 an ultimately gave up my license because of this. The problem is The Feds do not recognize any other solution but a CPAP in the trucking industry to hold a CdL. They would not except what my GP and I had done. They only except the word of the so called dot certified examiners. Cpap is the only solution as far as they are concerned.

Atlanta trucker and dptrucker Thank this.
  9. Lennythedriver

Feb 14, 2020
    Funny they call it the solution but what maybe 25% of people truly adjust to wearing a mask and trying to sleep? Most people give up after trying for a couple of weeks. The only time I was ever able to wear that mask for more than about three or four hours without ripping it off my face at two in the morning was if I was so tired I just literally passed out. Cpap is not natural. Kudos to those who can adjust and actually live with using them.

10. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    was out of work for 3 years due to not getting a sleep study done.

got one done so i could get back to work

11. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I’ve often made the joke about whats going to happen in the industry. They are hell bent on getting every cdl holder on Cpap. It will get to the point I think everyone should just wear them while driving. Look cool like a fighter pilot in a dog fight out there in traffic.lol.

dptrucker and Lennythedriver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.