So what do i have to report to employer when applying?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by marvelousmack, Mar 5, 2021.

1. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    It used to be a state's record would just show charges and adjudication as it pertains to your drivers license. And also the insurance consortium would keep a different set of records that contains records of charges, incidents, accidents, etc. Not overly positive that is still the situation.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. marvelousmack

marvelousmack Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2021
    thanks so what i am getting at is if a future employer can dig deeper and find every single accident ive been in? also every ticket i ever gotten? how about something like getting an inspection at a weight station? also is it up to my previous employer to give out this info to a DAC report or is an employer required to put a drivers records on a DAC report?

4. marvelousmack

marvelousmack Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2021

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
  6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    They did, but @REO6205 won't let me have the keys!

7. tlalokay

tlalokay Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    Part 383.31, Notification of Convictions for Driver Violations explains that commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers must notify their employers of any conviction for traffic tickets other than a parking ticket.

If you weren't ticketed and convicted for anything, then there's nothing to report. As for DOT violations, then that's not what a driver is required to keep track of and report to potential employers. If they want to know, they can pay the money to find out- they should be on top of that anyway without asking an applicant.

8. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Yes

9. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    I understand your view, but it can be beneficial to know and list items they will see or to at least speak with somebody about those issues ahead of time. I've known employers who when they run those checks count it as dishonesty for a driver to attempt to hide them, while they are otherwise willing to give 2nd chances to drivers who admit things will be found.

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  10. tlalokay

tlalokay Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    I don't understand your view and I would like to.

How is it dishonesty to not volunteer information that is not required to disclose by law?

As CMV drivers, we all have to fill out the same forms by law, namely the form in which we must disclose tickets [except parking] that have resulted in convictions or forfeited collateral/bond over the past year.

That's all we are required by law to provide [regarding tickets].

If a company wants to go digging around for tickets that were dismissed, then that's up to them to hire a private investigator or whatever tickles their fancy.

Accidents that LEOs showed up to or that the carrier reported to their insurance- it's required by law to provide that information on the employment application.

Accidents or incidents which the carrier said "no harm, no foul" and you paid cash for the repair- that's nobody's business but you and the owner of the truck.

Is that not also how you or others see it? Tell me where I'm wrong or being "dishonest" by seeing it that way. I really want to know.

11. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I'm having a difficult time understanding what is so hard about this subject! The simple answer is right in front of you when faced with an application. Answer the questions AND ONLY WHAT IS ASKED! These applications are fully legal and are designed to comply with Federal rules and law and in some cases State rules and law as well as Insurance Company requirements. If a question makes you uncomfortable that's on you!

ZVar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.