starting 2012 with a bang - TMC orientation

Discussion in 'TMC' started by dropdeck, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Blind Dog

Blind Dog Heavy Load Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Right, I dont have any VA disablilties. Not all wounds are visable.
    Everythings fine, just leaving my comfort zone career. I've been doing my career for over 23 years. I can run on "auto pilot" in the mornings, if I need to. Now as a rookie driver, I think it will take me awhile to adapt to the "new" routine.
    I'm not a young kid, but I'm not old either. I think I've got plenty of common sense, and orginazation skills.
    I'm just marking the days on the calander until March, for my orientation.

Miz, I figured you'd be driving by now. I'm just about to finish my 3rd week of cdl school, 8 week long course. Graduate March 16, should be headed to Iowa on March 18. Thats my goal any how. Keep me posted on where your gonna be. Last I heard it was PGT?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Old MP

Old MP Light Load Member

May 31, 2011
    Cassville, GA
    It's the "curiosity" of the unknown that makes me want to go and find out the real deal. Don't sweat the small stuff Blind Dog. Just like in basic, and you know it works, keep your mouth shut and do what your told. That's all orientation is, initial entry. Piece of cake soldier.

Blind Dog Thanks this.
  4. miz860

miz860 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yea Blind Dog I was going to PGT but I had a job that I applied for back in September to be a federal officer and now I am in the final stages of the hiring process but if that doesnt work then PGT or TMC again is for me.

5. dropdeck

dropdeck Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2011
    columbus ,ohio

You talk a lot of smack for some one with zero miles under thier belt. Why would I make up such stupid storie. The company I worked for the past ten years did not tarp loads. So I amitd I was not use to tapping.but the company I'm with gave the same kind of test and here I am in thier truck.I gave up a ten year career to go to work for TMC to be sent home for something stupid .tell me you would not be pissed? I have over 10 years and 1,000,000 perfect miles pulling flats. You have a lot to lean about the trucking industry . If you don't like my story I suggest you start your own thread .

6. BacknBlack

BacknBlack Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2012
    mooresboro,N.C.

I agree with Topdeck 100%. This guy talks way to much about something he know's NOTHING about. Also questioning the truth of the posts being made on here. Funny thing is,he CLAIMS to have all this military exp. and I guess we are to believe every word he posts..hmmmm... Seem's funny that 90% of guys that were in the military were combat vets,navy seals,army rangers,greenberets etc. etc. When in all actualality they were cook's,mechanics and things of that nature,never seeing any combat. I hope he will be honest and continue posting when or if he even tries out for TMC. If he does try out and does not make it,wonder if we'll ever hear from him again???? lol:druid:

Pop and dropdeck Thank this.
  7. Blind Dog

Nov 1, 2011

This is ALL I'm gonna say on this..... fork you and the horse you rode in on. Unlike ALOT of people talking smack. I've got a DD214 that will back up 100% of what I've claimed!! So pish off!!!
    My posts are MY OPINIONS!!!Your gonna force me to say it.... its guys like YOU that make me to NOT want to be around GUYS LIKE YOU!
    I also have a Bronze Star with "V" device!! They werent passing those out like sticks of gum ya know.
    And lastly, before I completely ignore the two of you from this point forward, yes, when I arrive at TMC I intend to start my OWN thread, and I WILL post the truth, good or bad!
    I will NOT fail, because I will not ALLOW myself to fail.
    Smoke that!!! :biggrin_25516:

Oh, this time lastly, I would take a cook, or a mechanic, or a driver, or a supply clerk or ANY OTHER VETERAN, before I'd take a "P.O.S." guy like you.
    Peace out!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  8. Ex88m/Het

Ex88m/Het Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    NC
    That what imp talking about... they are just mad because they didn’t measure up when they needed to, so now they are trying to knock you down to their level. Well just from reading the post I have seen them reply on, I have come to the conclusion that if they are veterans they are a poor excuse of one. They problem did their two and got out as a PFC and never even were considered to be NCO material while they were in the service. That whinny attitude they have is why the armed service was not for them and I can only imagine (since I haven’t been yet) that is also why tmc wasn’t for them as well. yes I haven’t worked in the industry before as a civilian so call me a rookie if you need to but I probably have logged just as many miles than them whiny (former pvt's) have some during peace time and some in Iraq and also in the Stan (Afghanistan). And before you?? Someone’s military experience you need to think about while you were here trucking around your shingles some other vets were trucking fuel, ammo and supplies to our soldiers on the front line. You had to worry about the DOT we had to worry about IED's, snipers and so on. You had the law to protect you, we had Blackhawks to try to keep us safe, you drove your 11 and went to sleep(by law) we had to drive for days with only hrs of sleep because lives depended on it not a consignee just waiting for their goods. so with all that being said before you (a so called Vet yourself) question some military experience you should take a long look in the mirror and ask what have you done for your country not what they have done because you have no idea..

Lastly I would like you to know a VET is a VET no matter if they served during peace time or combat, makes no difference when or how we served we are all green and served our country the way we were asked at the time we were in..

Blind Dog Thanks this.
  9. Blind Dog

Nov 1, 2011
    Very, very well put. Thank you for that. And, THNAKYOU for your service to our country. I try hard to NOT let people get under my skin, and find that "button" to push. But, they found it. It's true, I'm NOT EVEN a rookie driver,yet!!!! I'm still a student. However, I havent found ONE SINGLE IED on ANY American Interstates!!! However, I had found quite a few on "Route Jackson" in Baghdad.
    Thank you EX88M. For what you said.
    I graduated From Parris Island MCRD, July, 1984. I graduated HONOR GRADUATE at the US Army Drill Sgt School, Fort Jackson SC, 1994. And then so on and so on. If I DONT make it at TMC, it will be because thats GOD's will.

10. miz860

miz860 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hey don't forget Route Tampa in Mosul. Everyone relax TMC is a very picky company indeed I have seen that first hand even though I can be re-hired with a lejtter from my doctir I dont think I will they talk to you like your trash if they dont like something about you and for me it was my disability. Good luck guys I wish nothing but the best for all of you vet or not.

11. dropdeck

dropdeck Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2011
    columbus ,ohio

did I ever doubt any of your story's ? I think its funny that you stand up for a company that you don't even work for. With a hot tempere and thin skin your not goin.g to make it to far.I thought the military made men out of boys? I guess uncle sam let one slip one through the cracks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.