Stepping Out With My Own Numbers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Misesian, May 16, 2017.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Everyone has to start somewhere. Now that I know reefer is where it's at in the upcoming downturn, I think I'll go get me one too ;-)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    In all seriousness in your region im surprised you didn't get a reefer from the get go.

4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I actually just bought one this week so I could quit renting. I think I’ll keep the rental for now as well. Good lookin out.

5. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    By Monday morning I’ll have 26,520 in revenue this month. I’ve still have two days left. Going to try and hit 28k in revenue.

6. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    Outstanding! Well done and keep it up.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  7. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    That’s without ignoring the HOS thanks to the misguided waiver. I’ve been reading a lot of social media posts about. Lots of super truckers are loving it. Exploiting a serious situation for short term financial gain.

Tug Toy and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  8. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    Ive been pushing rates up higher but we are still running 100% “legal” like normal. I’d rather make more that way then super trucker it and actually contribute to pushing rates down.

Tug Toy and Misesian Thank this.
  9. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I just booked a load for Monday. That will be 28070 delivering Tuesday at noon and finish the month. 12098 total miles, 12.3%, 2.32 all miles. That’s my best month yet. I’m trying to do as much as I can by the first week of May, I have a bunch to do by then, and I’m viewing this virus impact with caution. Things could fall off a cliff once this is all over and the economy tanks. May or not happen, but I advise keeping a close eye and making sure you have cash available.

2BF2BA02-A5B9-4BD3-BDEC-184CD1EF6195.jpeg

10. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    TREMENDOUS!

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  11. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I have been told I’m making this stuff up, regarding my revenue and rates by some people. I’m no better at negotiating than the next guy, and if they don’t want to pay what I’m asking, I move on. Brokers don’t really negotiate anyway, there’s too much capacity right now. I mainly do it by running the same areas, I stick to anything East of 35 and north of 40, or maybe along 40. I choose loads based on time of day and day of the week. A big money load is no use if you’re delivering on a bad day or time of day and lose out on a bunch of revenue afterwards. If I land on either end of that running area, I tie myself up on purpose with short or regional runs, and finish with a long haul to the other end of my running area. I’m able to run that many miles, using that strategy and only doing 60 mph everywhere. There have been many times I’ll skip over a really high paying load simply because of the appointments or the day of the week it’s delivering, that also depends on what market you’re in at the time. I also look ahead on the board a lot to gauge things before I jump on something. The way I do it is very time consuming, but it works.

RStewart, loudtom, Tug Toy and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.