Stepping Out With My Own Numbers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Misesian, May 16, 2017.

1. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Load Saturday. Last stop is 0700 Wednesday. I wanted it done Tuesday, but one of the drops had an afternoon delivery and screwed it up. With my previous load though, Wednesday to Wednesday is 8600.00 revenue and only 2150 miles. I did a short run for big dollars, DH back home and sat at home until Saturday.

Siinman and dwells40 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Got everything done through the end of the month. Total revenue 77,590, 23818 total miles, 13.5% DH, 3.25 rpm all miles. My truck brought in the most, 31, 050 revenue, 8578 total miles, 3.61 rpm. One truck only ran 7068 miles but brought in 22,620 revenue. Holiday is up and these receivers had it out for me. All three trucks had multiple delays since last Thursday, it still worked out, just stressful.
    FCD9C200-658E-4FD7-9C8B-7D29A6A6094F.jpeg

4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I must say, those numbers are pretty incredible. You can definitely make money like that. Happy for you. The fact that those are hub miles vs loaded miles is stunning almost. Got me beat.

Casimir66, Lostkeys and Tug Toy Thank this.
  5. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I could have done more, but I got one guy home yesterday and the other guy got home today and they’re off until Monday. I probably could have close to 30k each on them too.

Lostkeys and Tug Toy Thank this.
  6. ready2truck

ready2truck Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2020
    Our rate per mile is similar but you get more miles than me. This is impressive. I really gotta check merge out next year.

7. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    i mainly use them for back office stuff. When I’m driving I can’t sign the rate con or check the driver location right away. Merge rarely books a load for me. I have my pattern and running area pretty set and stick to that. I will send him a few loads I’m interested in and say to call on them while I’m checking in, getting fuel, etc. The majority of my loads are booked and negotiated by me. Merge might book 2-3 loads in a week, but that’s based on the options I’m sending him. I have a hard time giving up too much control. I also run the same lanes every week.
    Merge is good because you can give them as much or as little control as you want and it’s nice having some back office support for tedious tasks.

8. basedinMN_

basedinMN_ Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
  9. ready2truck

ready2truck Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2020
    how far out do you book?

10. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Usually, I look the day before my delivery in an area. I’ll browse sooner than that and if I see a good one, I’ll grab it. If nothing catches my attention, I don’t start putting effort into it until the day before. Depends on area too, Albany, NY and East I start looking a couple days in advance. I’m booked up through Tuesday right now. This broker had an out and back run, I asked if they had one back towards Columbus, OH, he did and the rate was good, a broker I work with a lot has some nice loads out of Columbus. Once I knew I’d be there I called him up and got one of his loads that’s done early Tuesday. I do that pretty often too. I run the same areas a lot, so I’ll email brokers I get loads from in those areas and do those as much as possible. I have a regular pattern I stick to. That helps keep my revenue and rpm up without trying to chase the highest paying load on the board. In my opinion, you’ll make less doing it that way.

ready2truck and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  11. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    With running the NE what does your toll expenses look like for the 3 trucks?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.