SUNTECK TRANSPORT - BEWARE OF DAVID GOMBAS -

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by California- Trucking, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I replaced that part on my truck. Did it myself. It took about two hours. Just make sure you take pictures of where all the lines go. And buy plenty of extra air line and quick connects in all those sizes. You will most likely have more air leaks after that part is replaced because replacing it means pulling and stretching all those air lines. Check everything thoroughly with soapy water. Check with the engine running and the brakes released.

Replace all the switches that attach to that manifold when you replace it. The old ones will probably leak if you try to reuse them since they come with teflon powder on the threads and aren't really intended to be reused. DON'T OVERTIGHTEN THEM!!! They thread into brass threads seated in a plastic body. If you break the brass loose from the plastic the whole part is junk and you'll have to start over.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Peterbuilt1013

Peterbuilt1013 Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Chicago
    I haven't had my DOT for one year yet. I seen Suntech has some really good loads. David Gombas sounds like he's a blowhard that is frustrated with the trucking dynamics. You need to be a driver or a mechanic to realize the patience needed. Trucks break down all the time. If a manufacturer of a semi truck builds a truck that is dependable for 1 million miles, guess what? That manufacture isn't making any money. They are designed to break down. If the broker wants to be clueless about it, then just laugh it off.

4. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    I having an issue with them... they are paying 593 for a round trip of 543 miles with overweight loads when I complaint about the weight and pay after expenses the terminal manager had the guts to tell me " the average driver is burning 80 gallons why your truck is burning 115 may be he should slow down" mind you is 56k pound load..... my driver decided to shut down his truck and wait until sunteck finds something better or we are looking at another company for his truck

5. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    How can you make any money plus pay a driver at that rate, lol and what state allows you to run 56k with out a permit, on if I was going to run a permit load any permit load it’s going to be worth my time, you should stay rate there with them please do us all a favor and don’t move from them,

6. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    To be honest that was the biggest mistake of my career as a truck owner and I will never again do that, they have a bunch of lease operators doing it and is like welfare on wheels.

7. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Lol that’s a hell away to put it, I like my freedom to go we’re and when with out someone asking me who gave me permission to do it, plus I make good money when things is good, right now the rates are low but not that low to we’re you cannot make it, 2 plus per mile is low for me right now, but what I see some guys saying is good money wait until you have to get something replace on your truck,

8. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    people are happy running 1.25 loaded and 95 empty. they asked me why I was shutting down the truck
    this is the email my I sent

My name is Pablo Perez back in late December early February my driver was recruited to do a dedicated account out of Brunswick going to the port of Georgia in garden city Georgia. Last week he was removed from the account and put in a different account without any written notice just that work slowed down and to call the office for different work. It didnt took long enough for me to find out via a non sunteck employee that they were negotiating the contract it ended up going to a different company. After doing a load from perry,fl and back to Savannah ran my numbers 593(pay) divided by 546(round trip miles) =1.08 dollars per mile.
    110(gallons burned for the round trip) times 2.77 (cost of fuel at the time I did the math) 304 dollars per trip.
    593-304=289 before the fixed cost like insurance and plates etc.
    I informed the terminal manager I believe his name is xxxx about it and told him that as a o/o this load being overweight and it's too low compared with the rest of the companies around this area and it just doesn't make financial sense to me since I will be making less than a company driver and taking all the responsibility and I would like to get removed from the board, he told me that he was going to have someone call me with new load offerings that was Monday I'm still waiting for it.

My driver has with alot of experience and all endorsements I'm flexible with my work with but my truck will not haul cheap freight. I would like to know if theres another affiliate around my area that could get me near my 2k profit goal weekly and home most of the nights before I start looking for a new company to lease to.

my driver is getting his hazmat endorsement and tankers to join me doing hazmat.

9. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Just recently stumbled upon Sunteck when I was talking to one of their O/Os... he seemed happy, almost too happy... lol ... ever get that “sounds too good feeling” about something? That’s kind of what I picked up from him but maybe it is a pretty good place to find loads.

10. sunteck tts these are the same jerkoffs that are now a part of BCB out of Fort Worth

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.