Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. len6629

len6629 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Ok no rush I was just checking in with you. Thanks for all you do

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    Hi Mark, I have a quick question. I have an antique TND500 (I know it's outdated, but right now it's all I've got and it works-kinda. Hoping to upgrade to a 730 soon) and I was wondering if the battery was serviceable and if it's something I could do?

The problem I am having with it is when it's cold, whenever it speaks the directions or warnings it shuts down. I can drive for 2 hrs with the defrost turned on high to direct best to it to warm it up and it still shuts down until it will eventually stay on. But even then I have to keep the heat on it or the next time it speaks it will shut down and I have to go thru the whole process of warming it up again.

Just recently I tried turning off the volume and that has stopped it from shutting down so I no longer need to suffer heat stroke, but it sucks not being able to hear it. I've noticed for a while now that whenever it speaks the power light will flash red, so that has me wondering about the battery. That and it does not work at all if its not plugged in.

So the question of the day is...can I replace the battery?

Thanks for your help.

4. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Wish you had posted a few days earlier. I just turned in a bunch of older 500's back to Richmond for disposal. When you get it apart, the battery should have a number on it. If it looks swollen, do not pop it. I would Google that number and see if it is available.

Be sure to turn the old battery in for recycle. Any hardware store has a drop in box for batteries.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. 66truck

66truck Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2008
    ohio
    Mark, has the fix for the 730 locking up issue been released yet?

6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    About two weeks ago... ver 3450.

Thanks,
    mark

7. 66truck

Nov 7, 2008
    ohio
    Ok, Mine has been updated this week and it still seems to do it some times, Thanks Mark

8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I need to know your settings in Preferences/Route and Map, plus the start/stop locations and where it seems to lock up at.

Thanks,
    mark

9. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Wonder if you could use them for monitors for rear view cameras...

10. 66truck

Nov 7, 2008
    ohio
    Recalulation-auto, route-fastest, freeways-allow, tollways-avoid u-turns-avoid,ferries-avoid, borders-avoid, dirt roads-avoid, tunnels-allow, fast recalc-on, turn view-500, junction view-off (Route) map style- high contrast, auto zoom -m off, POI icons-on , Truck POI icons-on , address book - off, I didn't have a route plugged into it yesterday yet , it had only been on for a couple minutes when the message popped up and froze, the other couple times I don't recall the route , I just rebooted it and did'nt think any more about it.

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If you are getting the Navi.exe without a route, then this tells me you probably have a corrupt file in the Navi/bin or Navi/layouts folder.

Did you do a D/R yet when connected to the Dock?

Thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.