Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. route man

route man Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
    nc
    Where is the bread crumbs feature at??could help with getting out of ft.bragg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    It was a feature more for the RV's, but for Oil sites and construction it helps also.

Thanks,
    Mark

4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC

Main Screen/Truck Tools/Timers, Mileage, Trails, Fuel/Trails Tab/New Trail/Hit the OK button, Now you are on the Map screen again.

To the right and just to the left of the "+" and "-" you will see a blue square. This is your trails icon. Tap on that to stop recording the Trail (ok).

Main Screen/Truck Tools/Timers, Mileage, Trails, Fuel/Trails Tab/Click on the Trail you want. You will see at the bottom of the screen, (show on map/edit name/set color/main menu)..

Click on Edit Name if you wish to name this Trail.

Click on Show on Map (should have a check now) and then Main Menu, then Go to Map. You should now see the "bread crumbs" of your trail.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Yeah as a matter of fact, especially if you have to out the same gate you came in- just follow your trail out. But be aware, many of these bases have one way in and another out. Hate these places, designed for buggy carts the lot of 'em in the 1700s!

6. skulldrinker

skulldrinker Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Would it be hard to add a button to show local radio stations as you're traveling? I sure could have use it today.

peterd Thanks this.
  7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Humm.. :biggrin_2554:

Thanks,
    Mark

8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    FYI -

Wed 20th Aug - Day of Travel to GATS
    Thur/Fri/Sat - GATS
    Sun 24th Aug - Day of Travel Home

I will have limited time on the thread.

Thanks,
    Mark

9. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    I'd check out the POI factory and look for a POI file with that information and add it as a custom POI database to your device. Personally speaking I would have no use for such a feature since I stream either by XM- Sirius or from my phone and don't much worry about terrestrial radio stations. It wouldn't be a make or break issue but I wonder if it's worth compiling such a list.

You can also compile a list by noting the stations you listen to and then going the to FCC website and researching the stations call (civil station information including location information is public domain). Their transmitter locations and business offices will be listed under the licensee call-sign for that station. Also but to sure since I have on real interest in doing this, The site- Radioreference.com may also have this information and I believe you do not a require a subscription to research call- signs.

Mark

10. skulldrinker

skulldrinker Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2012
    View attachment 70623
    2014-08-19 13.50.21.jpg

Shouldn't that be a Left turn in 100 ft. I was down to 100ft when i came to a stop and took the pic but it says straight as far back as 1/4 mile give or take.

Elgin, IL, Lake st (us20) & Bluff city blvd.

11. msjs91011

msjs91011 Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Three more low memory messages and then another application error just now while just trying to plan a 700 mile trip. I feel like this is not exactly the most productive product for team driving... I do NOT use the HOS or team driving features. .. if I did I bet id crash 5x as much. I feel like this specific gps has an issue with internal memory... not the 720 as a whole... just mine...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.