Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Using a Mac or PC? If PC what OS?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rogerthat

Rogerthat Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Sac, CA
    PC Windows 8. Unfortunately I just realized I left it at home. I guess this iPad I'm typing on isn't going to do me any good o_O

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    True,,, PM me your E-Mail and I will give you instructions.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    Hi anyone having trouble latley with the 730 ,i cant get a signal and im in clear skys in MN by the citys and been doing this for awhile with that no gps icon on the screen ,i fix 5 files and run the diagnostic and still there is becuse it got to hot in my truck maybe

6. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Not really a support question but I bought a 730 a few months back and had seen this thread pop up several times in the new post section so I thought best to join in the fun.

Is this a group effort? You know, questions being answered by the community of users or mainly a support thread for Mark to field questions?

By the way, Mark...
    Thanks for being here on TTR.

One of the reasons I bought into RM. :)

7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I would say for the most part the questions are fielded by myself, but a lot of drivers will pop in to help also.

Thanks,
    Mark

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Let the battery charge up and then take it outside your truck. See if it picks up then. You can go to the Preferences/General/GPS data and see how many are being used. DOP should fall below 2 also.

If it does not pick up then, PM me.

Thanks,
    Mark

9. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    It froze up again ,only way to fix is this ,get lap top out ,hook up gps to dock ,run threw the diognastic fix 3 files and 5 last night ,then i update it and now working again thats how fix last night and tonight getting to b a pain and only a year old and ready toss for something better then a rand

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    What you think is fixing it is not fixing it. The GPS receiver is hardware and you are not fixing any of the Firmware files running the GPS. Like you mentioned, you probably overheated it in the truck and now when the hardware is cool it will run, gets hot, stops working.

Call CS and see if it is still covered by warranty, if not, if you can get to me before next Monday I can have it replaced at GATS.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Open Question to all,

Is there a way to "favorite" a location? I just traveled a new interstate and liked the TS I was parked at for the night... I would like to remember it for the next time I'm in the area.

I know I could add it to the address book but that seems like a work around or at least double entry of data.

Just wondering what others are doing in this case.

Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.