SWIFT, CRST, SUPER SERVICE, JB HUNT.. my experience with

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by panicrooster, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    Hell yes. If you leave us, arguably the biggest company out there today, hanging for engine parts and supplies, you're done.

Fact: There is a Detroit Diesel shop down the road from the Terminal in Lowell.

Second Fact: There is a Caterpillar licensed and authorized shop across the street from the DD Shop.

You work in the factory (that we probably half-own by now) ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    Quote by Mr. Dude:
    You work in the factory (that we probably half-own by now) ?

I don't work in the Freightliner factory. I live somewhat near them. On my nightly runs I would pass one of the Freightliner plants four times.

I saw what looked like 100's of JBs going up the road piggy backed. I would pass them and see the Mercedes badge on the side.

My truck has a Mercedes in it, and the leasing company that owns the four trucks we have has 100's of them they want desperately to get rid of.

4. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    I remember going to the Mount Holly Freightliner factory near Charlotte. I'd yank a load from there up to a town in Canada called London. I also went to Brampton on a run once. On one reload, I had to pick up at the Detroit Free Press while they were on strike in '95. Nice. I never had any bricks thrown at me, though. Typical Swift. Send a new driver to a near war-zone. If he makes it out alive, good. If not, there are plenty of student graduates waiting to replace him.

5. Mr_Dude

Mr_Dude Engineer Of Doom

Aug 18, 2007
    Lowell, Arkansas
    I recently spoke to a Mid-States driver who had to drive into Peoria in 1995 when the big Caterpillar strike was happening. Says if he'd have known the statutes in effect in IL, he'd have never gone. At least the Picketers were nice and let him through without any damage that he knew of...

6. andy622000

andy622000 Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Kentville, NS
    [​IMG]
    I thought it was good anyway

7. wolfman929

wolfman929 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Dickson Tn
    It does "seem" like the big companies are alot worse to work for, than the smaller ones?

8. SouthsideTRKman

SouthsideTRKman Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
    When it comes to the big "rookie" companies, it boils down to one basic question: What Color Truck Do You Want to Drive?

Orange you say? Schneider has a seat for you?
    White and Blue? Come be a Swiftie?
    Like Gold? Come live in a truck with a partner while making nothing at CRST
    Blue perk your interest? Werner has a paperless log for ya.....

Do your time and move on.....one isn't better than the other. Once you get that year in, you can go to better places like Keen, ATS or some specialized hauler and make some real money and be treated like more than just a truck number.

dixiedeadlight Thanks this.
  9. Mom2des_n_nate

Mom2des_n_nate Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Norman, OK

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! My husband ran for Swift for about 6 month and that was able to get on with a small family company locally where he is more than just a number!!!!! :biggrin_25514:

10. SouthsideTRKman

SouthsideTRKman Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
    Yeah, usually you gotta start at the bottom of the barrel. I was going to work for a local O/O who did scrap metal, the trucks were nice and so was the money but he didn't want to train, so I said screw it and just went with the first one....I knew how to drive a heavy truck because I have been a Volunteer Fireman for 16 years, but I had never driven anything with a hi/lo transmission and needed to learn that skill.

11. bullthebeerman

bullthebeerman Light Load Member

May 19, 2008
    brooklyn,ny

im bored guy so im just going back on old treads form crst

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.