System adventures with the ducky

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by rubberducky68, Nov 7, 2015.

1. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Conley omg don't even get me started on them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Raise your hand if you've been stuck in that sand trap they call a drop lot.:cheers::hello2:

4. RogerThat72

Jan 30, 2014
    They've kinda reorganized the lot now but it's still a mess lol

5. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Light Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I went to Conley today. All the trailers were dropped around the perimeter. Nothing in the middle.

6. RogerThat72

Jan 30, 2014
    Not this last time but the one before that. I watched the guy whip around the corner where the building comes out. The tank came unhooked from the yard jockey truck and some how by the grace of God just skidded on the landing gear and didn't rip the air line. Luckiest guy i ever seen lol

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  7. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Light Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Wow! I haven't been there in more than a year.

8. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Going to throw this out here for opinions. An opportunity has come about to possibly go work for Airgas right here in Jefferson where I live. Pay is hourly, anything over 40 hrs is time and a half. Steady work, can expect 55-57 hours per week. Work 5 days, home everyday and off for 2 days. Benefits are comparable to Superior. Can expect to make $68-71k a year.

Two drawbacks I see are one, crappy schedule to start however it will change to a better one in 6-12 months. I can probably live with that knowing that it will get better.

The other issue I hate but one I can't control is bi-weekly pay. I don't care for that much but nothing I can do for that one.

I love Superior don't get me wrong. I also know if I quit again, that will be it for Superior.

9. RogerThat72

Jan 30, 2014

Why are you leaving superior or thinking about it? Possibly because it's slow or other factors?

I've heard good and bad about air gas. Heard they are real big on safety, all the way down to the cones on the ground chalk behind the wheel. I've also heard there's big politics and cut throat mentality to get a driver in trouble to possibly take his position. Other then that I really know nothing about them as for company wise, pay, benefits or anything like that just heard some story's.

I'm from QC but if I ever left I'd go to superior but it would be nice to know why your leaning towards another job.

10. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Another thing to consider, what if Air Gas doesn't work out for you? You get the job and just hate it. A prospective employer is going to see you quitting Superior once, working for a short time for another company and quitting, rehiring at Superior and quitting in a short time, and then quitting the most recent job.

If you do leave just make sure you are going to be a good fit at the new company and its what you really want to do for a few years minimum.

11. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    What is crappy about the schedule?

How do you know it will change to a better schedule in 6-12 months? Whatever the reason, can you get that in writing?

Bi-weekly pay is fairly common.

Is the overtime guaranteed? What happens if OT drops to zero?

If the doesn't work, do you have a plan?

Everyone gets tired of driving OTR, being away from home, etc. No one ever looks badly at an OTR driver who takes a local job.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.