Tankers the Schneider way

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Tardis, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Mr.V

Mr.V Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2010
    HATBORO,PA
    Does SNI have a secure lot for parking in or around Phila,PA (Bulk) or is Paulsboro,NJ .Recruiter said they have one.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Joescheppae Q

Joescheppae Q Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Ply Mtg, PA
  4. Joescheppae Q

Aug 20, 2011
    Ply Mtg, PA
    Got my Schneider driver # today amidst all the flying snow here in Pittsburgh. One more day driving a bit tommorow a.m. w/ the PPE, other misc stuff, and the beginning of on/offloading training in the afternoon.

then its two more days of on/off loading training and then out w/ the trainer.

5. Mr.V

Mr.V Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2010
    HATBORO,PA
    Thanks,It's what I figured.
    Congrats on ur progress.
    So you think you get the local trainer or the OTR trainer?
    My friend did his training with the local(daycab) pretty sure he said they have an OTR guy that did training too.Finished his training and went back to Coraopplis for final sqt,did the drive test twice.

6. Joescheppae Q

Aug 20, 2011
    Ply Mtg, PA
    te told me over the road two weeks then day cab or any variation there of. The sqt guys were testing here two days ago and all but one said the tests were super easy.

7. Doublecutter

Doublecutter Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2011

Tardis, what kind of tractor did they assign you? Can you give us a rundown on the current pay---cpm, detention, layover, tank wash. etc? And where have you been routed so far? Thanks.

8. Joescheppae Q

Aug 20, 2011
    Ply Mtg, PA
    assigned a local trainer in Keasbey for the length of my training. Which means a 70 mile one way commute. the 4 am wake call means I won't get stuck in much traffic.

9. Tardis

Tardis Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    banned or retired
    I was talking to a schneider bulk O/O and asked if he was on the Choice program. Turns out there isn't one for bulk, too many tank types. In van, a trailer is a trailer. In bulk you have compsrtments, side or rear dump, lined, insulated and intermodal. You can't just pick any free trailer as to van.

For the guy that wanted info, I run all 48 and have seen 11 so far in a week
    . Everything from 1200 to 250 miles. As to pay, I've never seen that detailrd here. Your recruitrr has the spevifics.

Psrdon the spelling, small smartphone keys, normal sizrd fingers.

Excorcist1 Thanks this.
  10. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    That can actually be one of the advantages of Bulk. I have heard several large box company drivers complain about having to bob tail around towns unpaid searching for an empty trailer.

In Bulk you will either wash out what you have or they will have one assigned to you. Its a major screw up to pick up the wrong trailer. Last product hauled matters as well even with washed out trailers.

pathfinder1361, AfterShock and SHC Thank this.
  11. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    No Choice program for SNI O/Op's. Basically for them it is 14 days out, 3-4 days off. $1.05 mile plus FSC and accessorial pay. Good part about SNI bulk is they pay for ALL tolls including IN/OH turnpike (they don't pay for them running van or Choice)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.