Time for exercise?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Teb1987, Jun 9, 2019.

1. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    If you have time to sit and look at the parking lot or tv. You have time to exercise

zaroba and JTK1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    Working under my own authority means I now have the time to exercise as much as I want. Rest areas and truck stops en route near trails/attractions has even become part of deciding on taking a load and makes me willing to wait a day or two to get the load.

Delivered in salt lake city, booked a load picking up in nevada the next day just so I could stop at and walk around the salt flats.
    Booked a load from CA to Denver, then PC'd north to the Wyoming welcome center to walk around on the trails.
    About to run a load from Miama to Los Angeles and will probably detour though southern CA since there is a rest area on i8 near San Diego with a 4x4 trail up a mountain.

Rocks, Wasted Thyme and MericanMade Thank this.
  4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    For 11 yrs I was solo OTR driver and ran as if the Devil were after me... :eek: Not because of the money but because that's the way I am... or I was...
    Due to all those years living in a truck for about 330 days a year... with no steady routine, no good quality of life, no exercise... even though I was cooking in the truck and been vegetarian almost all my life, the stress, the lack of good sleep, blah, blah, blah... caused damage to my body... :(
    Everybody needs to exercise constantly, every day, get sun light, eat healthy, not trash food, not junk food, not fast food... not lots of white sugar, not industrialized microwavable full of chemicals food...
    I am not working right now.. But hopefully I will next year.... hopefully will be trucking OTR again... but will not be able to do the same... :biggrin_25512: Will have to make the time to go out, walk for 30 mins every day :eek: exercise in the truck one way or another.. and have a sit down meal and sleep at night like the body needs.. or I will not be doing this job much longer...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Puppage and cuzzin it Thank this.
  5. Turdzthaword

Turdzthaword Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2020
    I recently bought some dumbbells, an ab-roller, resistance bands, push-up bars and a mat in order to start a little daily exercise routine outside of the truck. Thanks to Home Workout app and the Challenge Charts from Darebee.com, I've been able to fortify an outstanding fitness routine during the Covid crisis. 15 to 30 minutes a day could gradually go a long way.

silent_philosophy Thanks this.
  6. silent_philosophy

silent_philosophy Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2023
    I the past week I got a 17 minute jog/run and a 20 min TA-gym cardio+ab workout. Last year I did jogs 2x weekly on my 30 minute.

I still get in strength training and/or cardio on my 30 minute a couple times per week.

I work my hard cardio in when i have time to shower.

You can do it. Set a realistic plan for yourself and watch what you eat, which means relearning how you eat.

Great thread!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.