trainee falls asleep and kills himself and trainer Laredo,TX Summer 2010??

Discussion in 'PAM' started by BigDfromTX, Dec 23, 2010.

1. BigDfromTX

BigDfromTX Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2010
    TX
    see what I mean :mmeek:.
    they kept that incident with the senator's wife (Harry Reid) hush hush, and I'm sure that could've brought a lot of heat to the company. I only found that out through another driver but I heard it that spring or summer day all over the news & radio. (All I kept thinking was poor lady probably somewhere with a whiplash)
    Come to find out it was a PAM driver! ####. Here I am now thinking that I have not been in a legitimate accident. So much for my dreams of ending my one year with PAM and signing with the sister company Central Transport to pull doubles locally.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    I see what you mean.

Good Luck !!!!

4. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

I could see it. I once towed a car from NC to Harrisburg, PA to part out. It was wrecked, but had MANY very good parts still on it. I was still in HS and needed quick cash, so I paid the guy $50 and my dad and I towed it home where I dismantled the car completely. If I remember correctly, I ended up pocketing around $3k for all the parts.

5. end of the road

end of the road Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Northern Canada
    Sending a message on the satellite stating that somebody got fired is a HUGE breech of privacy.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Maybe up there,

not down here..........

7. Nomad 57

Nomad 57 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Newnan, Georgia
    I'm sure many drivers saw the remains of that truck in Laredo. I noticed it in June or July. Story I heard was the accident happened in Del Rio. There's a narrow bridge there that is two lane. Oncomming vehicle was pulling a boat on a trailer. Truck driver lost it trying to dodge the boat and went into the ravine. Thats just one of the stories I heard. Sounds plausible, though. I looked at some of the bridges in that area using google maps on satallite mode. Put it on my "I quit" list of dispatches. I quit dipatches being : If you can't give me something else....

8. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    But you say there was a death involved... Regardless of private or public property. Anything there is a accident where a fatality is involved, then the authorities need to be notified.

9. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Correct, but that wasn't what I was quoting at the time. Any accident with a fatality has to be investigated by the state police. An accident in a truck stop is a wasted call without serious injury or a fatality, because the cops usually won't even check it out.

10. BigDfromTX

Dec 13, 2010
    TX
    Erase all of my posts and threads. I don't want my story in this stupid forum lilbit!

11. BigDfromTX

Dec 13, 2010
    TX
    some people have no idea how much rapport I built....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.