Training for TX Oil Fields as Water Hauler

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by peterrumbler, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    we already got some companys in nd like cascade tanks in nd that are way under bidding work, talking to some of there O/O's there doing good to bring in 800-1000 a day to the truck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OutLawRadio

OutLawRadio Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Texas
    Can't blame them,money is there to get
    Times are changing everything,everyday
    Societies rejects are what's jacking up the trucking
    industry,the oil patch will be no different then any other
    job these looser have lost.They will run you off for less
    then Walmart did :)LOL

4. BROKENSPROKET

BROKENSPROKET Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Wisconsin
    It's got to be alot better in Tej'as than it is in North Dakota. It's crazy out there.

5. Ezrider_48501

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    whats crazy is all the southerners that have come to nd to work in the patch and have never even seen snow before, not long ago i was on hwy 2 roads were glare ice a pickup came around me at 75+ with texas plates, it was rolled over in the ditch a few miles up the road. were not even full blown into winter yet, acualy been quite mild for nd for this time of the year and there has already been alot of accidents.

6. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    EZ, unfortunately alot of Texans buy 4wheel drive pickups without considering their performance on ice/snow. During the summers when I was younger I went on the road with my dad during for harvest (custom combining). 1 Year I even went out for 2 weeks over Christmas break. There was 1 guy in the crew who you could never tell him to slow down (4wd dodge). Following him into town 1 night you could see EVERY spot where left the road and fought to get back up on it.

Of course we also buy a store out to bare shelves when there are 2" of snow forecast.

7. Ezrider_48501

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    alot of people think that with 4wd you can drive as fast as you want in the snow and ice, and its not true, how 4wd helps you in the snow/ice is it allows you to drive slower without getting stuck. all cars/trucks have 4wheel breaks no differance in stopping turning ect with 4wd the only thing it helps you with is to keep moving you forward.

8. lonewolf4ad

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    I agree, the other thing alot of my fellow Texans forget is that without some weight in the bed, the back end is ###### near useless.

9. Ezrider_48501

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    yeah a few sand bags in the back can make a big differance esp. if you only have 2wd. i lived in michigan for 1 winter. I had a 2wd f150 kept about 400lbs in the bed all winter and got around just fine.

10. lonewolf4ad

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    Same thing I did last winter with my c1500. Only mine were small boulders lmao. We had about a week of BAD ice in central Texas and I lived up a steep hill outside of town lol.

11. Ezrider_48501

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    night before last we had around 1 inch of snowfalls, yesterday i counted 2 semis pulling water tanks rolled over in the ditch one accident with a bottom hopper on a semi looked like the semi slamed into the side of a pickup. 2 rolled over cars and 1 pickup that looked like it struck a power poll

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.