Trucker Bathroom Access Act

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Nahbrown, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Yea the only time I may touch a wall is to balance myself so I can wash my feet lol.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Lysol wipes and spray bottle of bleach are your friends. That said look for yellow on the floor. Ive walked into loves where they just swapped towels and missed the giant #### someone took in the shower stall.

Ive been to a few so bad i have taken my 3 gallon camp shower bag ploped it ontop of my motor to get warm and taken a shower in my end dump. Also those cheap throwaway rags and a small bowl of water make for a good "if all else fails" clean. Aint a shower but a small dolop of shampoo on one in your hair and over your groin and pits then a couple clean ones for rinse is a billon times better then nothing. Removes about 80% of the stank and a good scentless deoderant does the rest for a day or two at least.

I hate being dirty. I can live with it but after being a trucker for as long as i have lets just say my house plans include one hell of a #### nice bathroom for a reason lol.

jason6541, JoeyJunk and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    My master bath. Get a rain head.

20220308_153335.jpg
    20220308_153343.jpg

5. Graham Cracker

Graham Cracker Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2022
    Agreed, and I include drug testing and e-logs in that way of thinking.

If congress isn’t drug tested what right do they have mandating it for others.

6. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    There's something like 78 of them or 138, not sure which number, their credit is so bad, they can't even get a credit card.

Maybe it's 78 with criminal records.

JoeyJunk and Graham Cracker Thank this.
  7. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Thats nice. Been eyeballing them rain heads they seem like they are super nice, one of them as well as a couple of high power wall jets sounds like a nice shower. Been waffleing on if i want to do tile or natural river stone though.

Also debateing on if i want to just expand my well and keep the house filter on it. or to do a high pressure pump and 100 gallon tank system with a built in treatment system instead so we have commercial levels of water pressure and a nice reserve for longer showers ontop of removing anything iffy in the mineral water.

JoeyJunk and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I'd say it depends on your well. I have two pressure tanks. Never come close to a loss of pressure. Think they are 40's.

The kitchen is plumbed for an under the counter RO for an ice maker for the fridge.

Everyone I talk to says it's far cheaper just to chuck the heads, and faucets every few years than to pay for the big RO or water softener.

$8 squeegee at Home Depot, wipe the glass and tile, done.

Feedman and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  9. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    No need to be ashamed, the outside of your place is coming along really nicely. No doubt when it's done you'll be able to bring the inside up to date a bit eh.

JoeyJunk and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    I personally would allow any UPS or FedEX driver use my restroom. In fact , I have a hard time thinking of anyone I would deny entry like that.
    That said I live in the country and not some nutjob infested city
    I would probably ask that they pee on in the field though , my soil can use all the nitrogen it can get

11. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    The law does not mention that the facilities have to have water or cleaning area or secured within the inside of the facility. It only said it is open to employees for normal use.

I think it is time to invest in a portapotty company seeing this is the only means to fix the problem at these companies who don't want to deal with more problems with truckers using their facilities.

By the way, we need important things done by congress, not where to pee and poo.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.