Wanting to Start HotShot Trucking in 9 Months

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by ZachL18, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Disney started in this garage:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Lite bug Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Rah rah. Just jump into the deep end. This day and age with everyone happy to sue you it's a different world. He is only 21. If he is not responsible enough to save up money to start a business he will not be able to run a business. You should always learn on someone else's dime. How is your 401K?

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Sikorsky of helicopter fame did the same, but it was a different time back then. Certainly no liability involved unless the garage collapsed.

5. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I hope he checks on insurance before he puts any money in anything. I could be wrong but I dont think he's going to get anyone to insure him without at least a years experience.... and possibly 2 years experience.

And about all the Jeff Bezos & Walt Disney start-up's.... That maybe be true..... but I wouldn't bet my life savings on a 1 in 1,000,000 shot in the dark. It happens, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Save your money my friend. Work for someone else for a while, find out what this industry is like, learn the ropes, get some experience, then give it a shot.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  6. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    It is up 36% since March. Just got through updating both bathrooms. First shower yesterday in new enclosure. Putting in new new appliances in my mom’s house. Ending the best year since I started in 2008. How about you?

rccarlson22 Thanks this.
  7. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Correction I got to looking I am not up 36 % it is 22.7% and it is not a 401 it is investment account meaning not qualified monies.

8. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    My rental properties are making more than a 401K ever could. It's a win/win. Not only do you get income, but you keep the real estate.

9. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Rental properties has a much higher return that stock investments. I do not have any. I am in position to invest in them and would like to. In 2010 there were several in my neighborhood that were had at very good price I was skeptical of the future of the economy. Maybe more so now , I see buying and upgrading while living there then putting on the market as something I would like to do.

10. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Exactly what I did. Bought a HUD property for a steal. You have to live there a year, which I did, before being allowed to rent it. Then we moved to another property and have been renovating it for income. We plan to move to the deep country this year and put up a log cabin. Property backs up to the Natchez Trace Parkway. Good luck.

11. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Wait a minute WE have a lot in common !

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.