Werner Trainer Craps Himself

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by later_dude, Mar 22, 2008.

1. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    And I thought I had really *smelt* it all....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dannyboi

Dannyboi Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2007
    clovis,ca
    I'm sorry you dealt with that, but I have to say it was funny as hell how you wrote that. I was trying to feel for you but it was just to gosh darn funny!!!

later_dude Thanks this.
  4. truckdriver402

truckdriver402 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Orwell, OH
    Oh My God! Later Dude!!! This was the funniest thing I have read in quite a while. I laughed so hard that tears were streaming down my face and my stomach hurt!

I feel bad for you, I do. I couldn't imagine being cooped up with a stranger, much less this "trainer." Hats off to you guys who can do that.

Stay safe!

later_dude Thanks this.
  5. 777lonewolf

777lonewolf Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Tennessee
    I am going to a 3 week training course in 2 weeks for my CDL and now I know what I have to look forward to. Will bring a gas mask and some burger repellent. I am about to pee my pants here, that was so funny!:biggrin_25514:

later_dude Thanks this.
  6. big daddie

big daddie Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Oh SNAP! I am rolling after reading that post!:biggrin_25523::biggrin_2559:

later_dude Thanks this.
  7. chrlclv

chrlclv Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Anderson, SC
    My husband just came in off the road. He had a rough week...who hasn't? Anyway...I wanted to make him feel better. I read him your post. He decided his week wasn't so bad after all. My mother, who has as sick a sense of humor as myself, ...well, I probably shouldn't have read this to her..she almost died laughing, so did my sister, who was listening on three way.
    I am so sorry that things were/are so bad, but, thank you for sharing that story in such an amazingly creative way. My husband just said, "That guy shouldn't have been a truck driver. He should have been a writer." I completely concur!
    He just had a great idea, don't know if it's an original idea or not, but..wouldn't it be fun to compile a collection of stories from truck drivers, and put them in a book?
    Best of luck to you! Be blessed, and be safe..and keep the Lysol handy!!
    Shelly:biggrin_25526:

later_dude Thanks this.
  8. jaasun71

jaasun71 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2007
    New Smyrna Beach , FL
    Funnnnnnyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

later_dude Thanks this.
  9. bbkeo

bbkeo Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2007
    winston salem nc
    #### Bud I feel for you. That had to be one of the funniest trainer stories I have ever seen.:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

later_dude Thanks this.
  10. tumbelweeed

tumbelweeed Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Leicester,MA
    I'm sorry this happened to you. It's unfortunate you didn't take advantage of your SDM (Student Driver Manager) and insist on yet, another trainer. You mentioned having several trainers. This usually indicates several trainability issues. Anyone who has been with the company any length of time and who knows the ropes, knows this.
    If you had chosen to take advantage of your options you wouldn't have been in that situation for the duration of your training and you probably would have prevented another student from the same fate by eliminating that trainer from the program.
    It was really as easy as a phone call or two to Omaha. I'm not saying you made it up. I'm just saying you didn't utilize your options. Maybe you didn't know you had any.
    One other option you might want to take advantage of if you choose to continue with creative writing - which you do have a talent for - is good ol' spell check.
    It's funny how you're quick to put down other people for their shortcomings yet you have some of your own. As do I. As do everyone.
    Stay safe out there wherever you are.:yes2557:

11. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Tumbleweeed!
    Tumbleweeed!

Assuming your information is, in fact, correct, and assuming the Big truck truck driver in question actually did what you've suggested, we can all assume he wouldn't have had the opportunity to share the experience that he went through -- ergo, no funny story.

You folks sayin' the original poster of this thread shouldn't be a big truck truck driver --- need to consider something(s).

1. I think he IS a writer, no matter WHAT hat he's wearing on any particular day.

2. Where do y'all think writers get their material?
    YuP!
    Experience.

And I agree --- we ALL have shortcomings. Some shorter than others and some still coming. But is pointing those shortcomings out, all that bad? It's not like it isn't obvious.

If someone with a shortcoming, wasn't even aware of said shortcoming --- wouldn't it be nice to point it out to them so they can make a decision, of their own, what, if anything, they're going to do about it?

Just a thought I think I thunk. :yes2557: :biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.