Western Express, King of no answer and sit and wait for no pay

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Saffe1128, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Brandson

Brandson Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Takes a certain kind of crazy for this to be the dream job. All power to you though, lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PeterbiltBound7077

PeterbiltBound7077 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2013
    Hardin, Kentucky
    Thank you! Yes it does but I'm awesome at what I do and I wouldn't have it any other way! I was born and bred to be a truck driver :smt003

Dinomite Thanks this.
  4. Saffe1128

Saffe1128 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Well I have gotten as far as page 4, to catch up and feel I need to respond. I WAS reporting a bad trucking company. Western Express' l/p program IS bad, although as many of you have pointed out, l/p is bad overall. Shame on us for believing the company hype.

My husband is exceptionally computer literate, he used to build the dang things, but he's to busy trying to get the truck back to Nashville (thankfully in the next day or 2) and get out of this lease and trying to find another job to have time for any of "this". I was just trying to save someone else considering the same program the trouble that we have gone through.

His driving record is spotless and his CSA is perfect or close to it, but he knows what he DOESNT want now, so he is trying to find a job that he DOES want that pays the bills.

I do agree with the one bit of 'constructive' advice. Stick with being a company driver and let the company deal with all the financial responsibilities of the truck.

Dinomite and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    If your interested I have a friend who has MANY trucks leased onto Magnum. He's always looking for good drivers. He will get at least 3,500 miles a week. If your interested send me a PM and I'll make the introduction.

6. wheresthemoney81

wheresthemoney81 Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    Quality companies is celadon trucking. You can lease to celadon old dominion foward air freight mayflower eagle logistics which is percentage based and maybe 10 other companies. Over the summer they had a pilot program that would allow drivers who wanted to lease a truck from quality to take tge truck to any carrier in the united states. They tried it with 10 drivers 9 idiots failed 1 succeded so they cancelled the part where you could potentially lease to any company you wanted now i think theres maybe 13 or more companies you can go to. Was going to pu a truck through them till they decided not to give leasees that ability to take truck to any company. If you lease on celadon you only pay as the truck is moving .25cpm

If they bring back that program im sure some seasoned drivers would find it beneficial

Its 1dollar buyout. They add 10-15k within the monthly payments so you do pay a lil more for the truck but id rather do that then shell out a ton of cash up front and have another driver pay off the truck for me

7. wheresthemoney81

wheresthemoney81 Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    Why would anybody actual want to drive 3500 miles a week. :biggrin_25526:
    Thats insane

RERM Thanks this.
  8. Lee Caldwell

Lee Caldwell Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015

I would. I need the money. Don't knock them for offering hey husband work. Pm me to talk about that job. Please

9. Happyfeet

Happyfeet Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Sioux Falls SD
    Exactly. I doubt her husband has nearly as much experience as he does. Your first sentence nailed it though. It's very simple garbage in > garbage out If someone is a moron and bothers me and gives me garbage, I will get offended and cease going above the minimum requirements to help them. It is the job of the person at the mercy of the mechanics to give the incentive to go above the call of duty to help you. I have seen this too, where someone who was extremely nice caused my fellow employees to bend over backwards for them.

I am going into orientation with Western Express this weekend by the way. I know it's a terrible company but they were the only one willing to give me a chance with a serious felony charge reduced to misdemeanor. I figure that once I have 6 months to a year experience everyone else will want to hire me again.

10. Matts155

Matts155 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I started their L/P on June 18, not bad so far, I think the biggest factor is getting a decent truck from them, and since we can't have the trucks checked out by mechanic, it's like luck of the draw.
    I got 2011 Cascadia with little over 500k, been running well and getting good gas mileage. The engine is not burning any oil and I am planning to get it analyzed via Blackstone,, it's like 25 bucks and I will get the coolant analyzed too. Also plan to get all fluids replaced with synthetics. when my maintenance fund grows and install a bull bar too. I hit a deer last year working for my last company and my truck was in the shop for 5 days with $5500 repair bill.
    I looked into buying my own truck at 50k range but most wanted 20 to 25percent down and I was broke.
    So this truck is 50k, and obviously no money down and no finance charges. yes I know they are making money off me but I am making decent income even with all the deductions.
    Truck payment itself is $384 per week. The 3 full weeks I had so far, I have averaged $1000, and I just had my best week in terms of mileage close to 3000 miles and I will see what my pay is when Friday comes around.
    My background is ex army, have about 2 full yrs of driving tractor trailers, and I want to use this opportunity as a stepping stone to own my own truck and be independent.
    I got a print out of the repair history of my truck from the garage the day they gave me this truck and it seems they
    already spent 60k in parts and labor on my truck lol, so maybe my truck is like brand new.
    Its a 3yr lease and it can be payed off early cause I opted for putting in 9cents per mile in the maint fund and its at $700 already, I would estimate that if I didn't touch it, I would have at least 10k in there in a full year.
    Anyway, I am just here to state what I am personally going through, not here to promote anything.
    Gl too everyone out there cause you can work really hard, but sometimes luck can have a big factor in how things work out.

11. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    9 cents per mile for maintenance fund, doesn't sound like nearly enough driver.... but good luck!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.