What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done/seen done

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jwhis, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Most of my stupid moves happened when i worked as a yard dog. It was a very fast paced job so I often got careless and impatient.

We had a standard yard horse and a small daycab that we used to shuttle between warehouses. The daycab had a hydraulic 5th wheel but we weren’t allowed to use it when driving on the road. So there were a few occasions where i unhooked a trailer and forgot to crank landing gear down. Did that once with two forklifts and two 3,000 lb pallets of sand bags in the nose. That was fun to crank back up! Oh and that also happened right in front of the shop, so the mechanics all got a good laugh.

I had a loaded trailer come off the yard horse once. It buckled the landing gear and the air lines shot into the cab like a couple bullets. Again, a bunch of people saw it and had a laugh. I didn’t get in any trouble over it though.

Dan.S, Steel Dragon, MACK E-6 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Did you have a catchers mitt?

4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That's just ridiculous. Death penalty for drug dealers? Why don't the users take any accountability? Not only that, it will target mainly minorities. The drug dealers don't destroy families. The people that do the drugs destroy their own families. I use to have a drug problem and I got over it. I let it nearly destroy my family, life, and career. So I'm supposed to blame the dealer for my stupidity? The fake president has it wrong. If jobs paid living wages, if ex-felons had a legit second chance on our society, people wouldn't have to resort to drug dealing

MBAngel, tlalokay, Fold_Moiler and 3 others Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I once got on the interstate without making sure my trailer doors were closed properly. That joker was just swinging away

Maj. Jackhole, Steel Dragon and Jwhis Thank this.
  6. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Funny thing is the US government funds most of their black ops projects with drug proceeds..
    :yes2557:

Dan.S Thanks this.
  7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I don't think I have ever revealed this on TTR but I had a Kansas DOT cop to lose my logbook as well as my legals and BOL. Now I was OK log wise because I was running loose leaf logs and rebuilding the logs was easy. However I was stuck until my company could replace my legals and get me a replacement BOL. Kansas never compensated me or my company for the lost time or the inconvenience of their pinhead action. However an officer did take me to a hotel (at my company's expense) to sit out the wait because even though it was not my fault my truck was put out of service until my legals were replaced. To this day my largest fantasy is to see a nuclear bomb fall on that ignorant chicken coop.

8. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    The irony I tell you:cool:

9. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Run reefer freight!
    :withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

misterG, Kyle G., Jwhis and 2 others Thank this.
  10. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    isn't that how the eld guys pass their time getting their government approved rest in the bunk?

11. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Technically that's a hook and drop.

Tb0n3, UturnGirl, Dan.S and 7 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.