What are some small companies that dont check dac!!!!

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by duddie, Nov 7, 2008.

1. kirabu

kirabu Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Denton, NC
    I agree. Why is it some people just have to be mean. Why can't they let people that want to work and are legal to work have the jobs. My husband has been driving 32 years and doing his job well. I suppose there are "you-know-what's" everywhere. I'm still trying to find one though. If not I guess we'll lose our house and live under a bridge. I just hope the drivers are careful then and we don't get run over.

:biggrin_25513:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kirabu

kirabu Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Denton, NC
    The first time in 2010 he slid on black ice and the trailer went into a ditch. It had to be towed but the tractor was fine and he picked up another trailer and brought it home. He was not charged with anything. The DOT claimed it was an unchargeable event. They fired him and later he went to another company. As he was making a turn a car passed a line of cars, hit the median and hit his left back tire. The safety manager came and told him to take the truck in and then fired him. The police and DOT said it was not his fault and did not charge him. To this day he has no tickets, warnings, or moving violations. He has not been legally charged with an accident. So is this bad luck or just crappy companies?

4. TruckrsWife

TruckrsWife Significant Otter

Aug 29, 2008
    God's Country, CA
    I can't tell you it's bad luck anymore then I can tell you they were crappy companies, though I do believe everything happens for a reason. What I can tell you is with your husband's experience, he will find a job. He needs to look more local and look into the smaller companies. Has he explained to the companies he's applied to what happened? If my husband could find a job with what his company did to him, your husband should also. It might take time. It took my hubby six weeks to find a job that would normally have taken him one phone call to find. I will say a prayer for you and your hubby. God bless.

kirabu Thanks this.
  5. gorteck

gorteck Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2010
    excuse my lack of knowlage, but what is a dac?

6. kirabu

kirabu Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Denton, NC
    who are the mom and pop shops????? He needs a job like "yesterday"

7. kirabu

kirabu Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Denton, NC
    Thank you for your prayers. He has been out of work since August, and if it hadn't been for our son we would have lost our house by now. Unemployment pays crap, plus we have no health insurance. So my follow-up on my pacemaker insertion has had to wait. I suppose there are people with larger problems, but it is hard to get your mind off of your own.

8. TruckrsWife

TruckrsWife Significant Otter

Aug 29, 2008
    God's Country, CA
    It's like a credit bureau, except it keeps track of your employment record instead of your credit. It's an acronym for Drive-A-Check, but now it's called HireRight, and they did carry over their bad rep as far as truck drivers are concerned. It can prevent a good driver from finding gainful employment if your previous employer wants to get even with you for whatever reason. And it is as hard to get rid of negative, erroneous information as the credit bureaus.

9. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    Insurance. If some companies find out that a driver is a liability based on what's on his record, they will usually not hire him. You will never hear the full reason for a refusal to hire, but being a liability is usually the largest factor.

10. Roadmonster

Roadmonster Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    Try Interstate Distributor Co. Driver.When I was down with a couple of dings on my dac they took me in. Good company to work for. Good Luck

kirabu Thanks this.
  11. kirabu

kirabu Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Denton, NC
    I submitted an online application....I guess we will see, I suppose I am just afraid they won't accept the DAC report either. I guest it's just a chance to take and hope for the best.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.