What does the inside of your truck look like?

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by longbedGTs, Oct 3, 2008.

1. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Why do not need a bang board? It seems that could shift forward and crush the cab.

KH

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bagged

bagged Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Oregon
    Cab gaurds are only designed to stop anywhere from 40c0 to 1,000 pounds at the most. When a load of beams shift forward the cabgaurs will not stop them, unless you are going about 20 m.p.h........ Plus that extra 16 inchs that the cabguard takes up puts me over length in oregon to where I nees a permit.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  4. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    The Columbia has been sold off, so I was put in an '05 Kenworth T2000. Its got a CAT(as opposed to the Detroit 60 my FL had) and is much quieter, vibrates less, and pulls much better in the lower RPMs. Its also got a 'NITE' system which is a bunk heater(woke up in a sweat and said 'yup, it works!) and it was an A/C unit which isnt too great, but will keep the bunk fairly cool with the curtians closed. Heres some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone have any ideas what to do with the small CB in the large cut out? No, Im not buying a bigger CB just to fill the hole. Maybe make a bezel of some sort?

5. elharrison

elharrison "Iam on my way"

Feb 8, 2007
    WV
    you could always got to tractor supply and pick up a piece of sheet metal , cut it to size and rivet it in there, should look pretty good...

6. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    Long: get the crap off your dash, ya bum! :biggrin_25525:

Were it me, I'd have to find some other power source and reroute the XM wires out of sight. I just have a thing about clean installs and those wires would drive me buggy! It would be easy to make a faceplate for the radio with some L brackets riveted on to hold the radio, but be sure to make them shakeproof. You might put some felt or rubber on the inside surfaces to protect the radio finish and keep buzzing down.

7. freightliner18257

freightliner18257 Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2009
    chicago il
    Columbia seems better but im just a freightliner guy the interior on the T2000 seems sloppy. What company do you drive for?

8. The Challenger

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Long drives for Gainey Freight. He used to be with Crete carrier till recently.

KH

9. JSmitty

JSmitty Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Midland Tx

Is there not a place up high you could put the radio? None of my stuff would even fit in that tiny hole.

10. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Red Fox: Come on man, I only have 4 things on my dash! Map, logbook, T/S book, and pre-pass. If I dont put my finished trip pak in plain sight, I forget to turn em in when stopped, so I end up having to make a special stop just to turn in the Trip pak. :biggrin_25512:
    My dash is cleaner than a whistle compared to MOST dash boards Ive seen. Cups, papers, lottery tickets, food, log pages, ect...

freightliner18257: Yeah Kinghunter is right. I drive for Gainey.
    I actually like the T2000 interior more than the Century/Columbia. It just seems to be better made. That Columbia I had had so many vibrations it was unreal. The dash area, cup holder piece, some trim pieces around the sleeper area, A/C vents would never stay put, CD player skipped, ect...

JSmitty: Negatory on anywhere else to put the CB.

11. The Challenger

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    long, can't you put the cb where the mount is above your toggle switches are? it looks like there are straps for something.

KH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.