What if it Snows?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Mar 19, 2018.

1. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Being the guy ran 2500 miles and at best was getting 10mpg and only stopped once that’s 125 gallons onboard.

Factory tank probably 15 gallons and maybe room for 40 in the trunk.

That leaves 70 gallons in the passenger compartment Hope it was a fuel cell.

Carrying a extra 110 gallons over factory is an additional 700 pounds of weight surging around in a light weight car.

I do have to agree that 105 mph average sounds awfully high.

Everything about the situation Sounds extremely Safe.

Not.

There is No Way you can safely drive 40 mph over the speed limit in traffic and not be a possible cause of an accident.

Take I-75 On the west coast between Naples and Tampa.

It’s 3 lanes of reckless abandonment . If you drive the 70 mph speed limit you are sitting still

You cannot predict what is going on with cars running up from your behind doing a 100 mph weaving thru traffic .

I haven’t driven a semi down here yet but dread driving my personal car on that stretch when I have to.

You could easily ticket 25% of the drivers here on that stretch for Careless driving.

I grew up going fast in fast cars. But take it to a track.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    The guy did this during the shutdown.

4. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I don't believe he did it. Think about it. Construction zones, traffic, freeways not built for those speeds. And he AVERAGED 108? I don't believe it. May find out he rented the car in Torrance. :laughing-guffaw:

I went to traffic school in So. Cal. I couldn't believe. All the sweet tiny little voices would say: 104 in San Clemente.... or 115 in Riverside. They would throw me in jail for such speeds.

5. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Yes... Those idiots who think that is for going faster. They get jail time. It's a law intended to get you to use common horse sense and slow down when needed.

6. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Thank you Mr. @MACK E-6 ...

Hey hey hey lady! Love to see that you are still around here... :biggrin_25519:

Who is this "huge smile kisser"....? Now I'm curious...
    Hope things are fine with you and the truck and yours.
    Yeah, do what you need to do. But we / I would like to see your postings here.
    If I don't "see" you this weekend, have a wonderful and safe 4th of July.:biggrin_25519:

7. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Furthermore Anyone that Speeds in a Working Construction zone should lose their license.

8. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Well guys.... Looks like I'm probably going to run down to Loosey Anna on paper logs.
    Haven't had a chance to check out the ELD. Cut the power to it and see. But it's probably that.
    Truck is in the shop. Got an old brake issue. Only with my anal feedback to the owner. He thinks maybe we got it down this time. A distribution valve?
    Won't get it back till Friday sometime.
    If it is in fact, the ELD. Will run disconnected. Go ahead and order a ELD for my Garmin. Heck... Loves has them on sale for $179. Garmin sells them for $149. I can't see wasting the money.
    And do you agree. Any reasonable DOT officer would understand? Especially if I show him my order for the ELD on my phone? And I do run good paper logs.

9. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Applewood.

A life without bacon is not worth living, IMO.

10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    U.S.S. Ranger

CV-61

NAS Miramar

1985 - 1989

20200214_212114.jpg

11. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    If you have last 7 days on paper, hours calculated and such, why not?

WesternPlains and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.