what to expect from crst.

Discussion in 'CRST' started by nosleep4bishop, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I may get bashed for this and I don't care, but I would have put some duct tape over the gash and spray painted it flat white. Yep, done it many times. I always carry duct tape, flat white and flat black spray paint.

nosleep4bishop and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hang in there with CRST since you've signed a contract. This will prove you're reliable and not a job hopper. While you're with CRST, start your list of companies you like for your next move after the obligation is complete. This way you will have a well thought out transition and no regrets.

4. nosleep4bishop

nosleep4bishop Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Come to think of it buddy, i havent spent a dime really with that school other then the piss test lol.
    Thanks bud. Your response was by the far was the best advice with the rest of the guys on this board. You guys have looked out for this newbie and i appreciate it. Ill definantly be giving prime a call in the morning to find out more details.

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  5. nosleep4bishop

Aug 3, 2016
    Please dont misconstrue my posts and think im jumping ship on crst. Thats not me as a man. Im overly concerned about crst not taking me because of the minor discrepancies that i have. Im not here to point fingers, but my recruiter could have been a little more open with me about things and how they go. But now i know and im learning at 33 years old what its like to become a otr trucker. I live in the dfw and okc is about 6 hours away. Ive heard ill be fine and i heard crst is shady, so i just want to make sure that this move is the decent, if not best for my family as well as me. I have a great respect for the 18 that hauls our resources over the road and i want to make sure im just the right guy to do it and not just another $$$ sign ... You feel me?

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  6. nosleep4bishop

Aug 3, 2016
    Im ####ing weak lmaoooooooooo.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    we thought about that if it wasn't a hazmat load. But a hazmat load that is flamable when wet, we just didn't want to chance it since the rain storms and wind were pretty strong that weekend.

Not sure if the CRST drivers know this but Walmart does sell the correct matching color of duct tape for the CRST gold trucks. We used a lot of that just to hold the POS tractor they gave us together. That and some papertowles to keep part of the fairings from rattling so badly, LOL

Chinatown and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  8. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Best Advise for sure! That's exactly what I did. I didn't realize the issues CRST had or how little money I was going to make until about 2 months in. I then spent 6 months researching and vetting compaines that I was going to jump once my contract was up.

nosleep4bishop Thanks this.
  9. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Ok, it looks like CRST has changed there contracts since I went through there program 3 years ago. Without seeing it I couldn't give you the best advice on how to break it if that's the path you choose or how the stipulations will effect you.

ON the plus side, you have a co-driver lined up already so that will make your 10 months there go easier.

Just curious, what were you expecting to make each week at CRST?

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  10. nosleep4bishop

Aug 3, 2016
    Great question,
    I had already some reviews prior to signing my obligation and i knew i wasnt going to make much starting. You know its just like i had mentioned in my comment before, im here for the experience and im looking to learn from the best as i go on along in This path. My heart has been set in driving tankers and thats the reason im here today. Sure i could go back to industrial work, and survey and clean out crude tanks or do some fitting work, but im done with the physical extremities of back breaking production.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. nosleep4bishop

Aug 3, 2016
    Feel free to ask me anything in relations to the bogus peice of paper lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.