What's the punishment for deleting DEF?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JohnSmith69, Jun 22, 2020.

1. jinxutoo

jinxutoo Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois
    No major shops will work on it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    The Jailer will Whack you PP

4. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    The only time I have ever allowed anyone else to work on my cars, trucks, and boats was recently on my ex wife’s Infiniti G37 that needed front brakes.

I was going to do them myself but work space is limited at the moment.

Had local Nissan dealer do them. Not bad price 268 out the door.

2 weeks later she comes home and says her car is pulling real bad and has a bad shake in the steering wheel.

I take it for a drive and immediately pullover as it is shaking so bad.

Missing a lug nut and other 4 backed off. I dig out her lug wrench and tighten to get back around the corner to her place

Car doesn’t have 300 miles on it since the brake job.

I take it back up to Nissan the next day and tell them of the problem. They take it around back and put a lug nut on it and whip back around and say your all set to go.

Proud as a PeaCock

I argue with them to remove the wheel to show the damage done to the wheel.

Not going to happen. No damage in their mind.

I pulled the car out and jacked it up and removed the wheel and wheeled it in to show the service manager the wallowed out lug holes.

All I got was a refund for the brake job. I spent a day and $150 finding a used wheel plus 30 to switch the tire over.

I will not let any of these Hacks work on any of my stuff.

I used to work at a Pontiac dealership years ago in the body shop

Dealerships are the worst for mechanics.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  5. Flint1

Flint1 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Alberta
    Here's a screen shot of the commercial vehicle inspection manual from alberta pertaining to emissions.
    In canada, all commercial veh above 4500kg require an annual inspection by a licensed mechanic and shop. Buses are every 6 months. I love alberta.
    Screenshot_20200625-233930_Drive.jpg

Dale thompson, 650cat425 and AModelCat Thank this.
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    BC must be a little more stringent in their inspection regs. Seem to recall my dad had to get a CVI on his logging truck/trailer every 6 months.

Flint1 Thanks this.
  7. Flint1

Flint1 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Alberta
    Not sure about bc. Pisses me off that gravel donkeys (dump trucks) and highway tractors and trailers are 12 months, and can easily cover a quarter million km in that time.
    I inspect about 30 buses for a few companies, there is some buses that are lucky to see 5000km in 6 months.
    I just did 6 buses in june that inspected in dec. We were shut down by covid march 15. Between 1400-3500km since last inspection.
    My spare bus was 114 km. And its 68km round trip to the shop that inspects mine.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  8. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Know for a fact no dealer will take a delete truck in on trade. Freightliner and Paccar dealer ask you to sign a form that state's that the emission is in working condition before they will repair a truck. The form state's if the emission system is found delete it must be fixed or replaced before the truck can leave shop. The owner can have a wrecker remove unit from the dealership but they will report the deleted unit to the government and the customer will be banded from the shop for future use. Freightliner send out a letter stating this policy the first of year. Know of three shops around me that use to delete trucks but quit two years ago after getting visited from the state one of them did pickups. After they shut down the glider industry they are going after the people who are doing the programming to bypass the emission system.

9. 650cat425

650cat425 Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Pennsyltucky
    I gotta move to Alberta. That's all there is to it. Where can I find a sponsor for a family of five??

10. Flint1

Flint1 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Alberta
    They make is so hard for a working white family dude. All i can say about that. Lol

Dale thompson, AModelCat and 650cat425 Thank this.
  11. 650cat425

650cat425 Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Pennsyltucky
    Seems to be quickly going downhill here too... all I'm gonna say about that. Lol.

D.Tibbitt, Flint1 and Dale thompson Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.