Who builds these 3 car upfits?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by 24kHotshot, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    I pay $4500 a year

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 24kHotshot

24kHotshot Heavy Load Member

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    Auto Haulers always have more expensive insurance than freight.

4. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Roger that ! Definitely more things could happen.

24kHotshot Thanks this.
  5. 24kHotshot

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    So the only insurance quote I managed to get was $24-26k for a truck that weighs less, no trailer, less miles and less cargo insurance... Double what I pay now for my truck.

This is so irritating.

6. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Oh my , this is from a Truck insurance company ? Let me try something. When is yours due ?

7. 24kHotshot

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    Multiple commercial insurance companies. Also called OOIDA and they don't insure trucks under 26001 lbs.

I dont understand "when is yours due"? My current truck is insured with progressive. The insurance I'm looking to purchase is for a new truck that progressive can't insure the way I need it. Need a decent quote to go ahead and buy the truck and send it to be built. When its ready I need to switch to the new policy.

8. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    I have ask my insurance agent to call me. I have been with her since 08. I can ask her if she can help or give you some direction. Mine is due in June. I don’t understand it’s like you are new entrant. I talked with one of the guys who called once and asked if we could talk about insurance quote I said sure . He told sometimes people don’t know how to give information to get the lowest quote possible. I am not saying I know but while I stay under 300 mile radius that helps. I know by not intending to lease anyone on will result in a lower cost than someone who not agree to that. I am the only one to be driving. I think you also stay pretty much local. When is yours due?

9. 24kHotshot

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    My current policy for my ram+trailer is due mid may.
    If your agent can get me a decent quote for the freightliner Haul and Tow truck I will go ahead and buy the freightliner and send it to Shipshe for a build. Should take about 2 months and then I'll put my Ram+trailer for sale and cancel the Ram's policy.

10. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Now she is not the brightest agent most of the saving I found out on my own. She is someone I know and can ask questions.

11. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Yeah, I'm insured for both so I know, but all the rates get cheaper if you base out of the rural states away from the coasts.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.