Who can I drive for with a felony conviction??

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by central mi., Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pres1034

pres1034 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2011
    atlanta, ga
    It's sad that guys will get to orientation before KLLM tells them they will not be able to continue. On the other had, I guess, if the applicant had answered yes on the application to the question he might have saved himself the embarrassment and obvious waste of time. Just seems so unfair for a guy who's paid his debts and still has to live with the penalty beyond what the judge thought was appropriate.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri
    There are plenty of companies that will hire a driver with a felony conviction. If it is over ten years then most will, over five years many will, over three years some will. The key to this problem is honesty and research. There is no better place to research than the TTR Forum and the company websites.

4. tut

tut Light Load Member

IMHO, carrying a pocket knife is not "dumb", it's common sense to have useful tools with you. Kalifornia (used a "K" as nazi symbol not available on a keyboard), not to mention New York, New Jersey and Illinois has more dumb-a55 restrictions than 1930's Germany. Many of us here understand that being carried by six would be much worse than being tried by a jury of twelve...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  5. hornertrucking

hornertrucking Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2011
    I think Celadon or Arnold would hire you

6. DrQuinn18

DrQuinn18 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2008
    WA State
    Most of the big named companys will hire just needs to be over 10 yrs old! also misdemeanors usually need to be over 5 yrs old! you can always petition the courts for expungement of your felony record, california will allow you to have the felony reduced to a misdemeanor then they will expunge the record from there!

7. hornertrucking

hornertrucking Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Have you tried Celadon??

8. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    And there you go,O.P..And if worse comes to worse,try to work for an owner-op,or a farmer..you wont get rich;but you wont starve either.:biggrin_25525:

BigJohn54 and jerryy123 Thank this.
  9. monkeysnan09

monkeysnan09 Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2011
    loveland, colorado
    I am looking for a few names of companies that have hired someone with a felony background. My husbands was 19 years ago. He wants to get back into it. Any good suggestions?

10. shadow933905

shadow933905 Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Savannah, Georgia
    I'm in the same boat. Aggravated Battery 05/05. Guy ripped the blouse of female friend with me. Knocked him around. All requirements completed with state. Have worked since with 2 O/O. 1st one got sick and shut down business. The 2nd one had me otr, but also runs a scrap business (big $$) however was paid 40.50 per run (both ways 60+ mile round trip) I live 73 miles from the yard (no take home truck) was dipping into my savings and Army retirement to survive. Left him at the end of 10/11. Can anyone suggest a course of action.

11. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Once you hit the 3 year mark, you can start applying. It all depends on the company and individual circumstance. Look at company websites and trucking job websites and you can see the minimum requirements for felonies. Three years off the road and you have to go through refresher training which means back out with a trainer for 3-6 weeks. Google is your friend. :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.