Why do lease operators fail on a lease I want to learn why

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Jamicanexpress, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Clamhammer

Clamhammer Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2015
    I have ran the numbers. Any lease that pays less than 2 dollars per mile the driver is working for free! At two dollars per mile a driver will make 37 thousand a year till the truck is paid off. The numbs don't lie. So how can one make it at .90 cpm? You can't

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Travisroland

Travisroland Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    I make .50 cpm loaded and empty plus with Tarp,drop,pickup and wait time pay I'm averaging .61 cpm as a company driver.So why would someone lease purchase a truck for .90cpm

4. Clamhammer

Clamhammer Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Because they suck at math and logical reasoning. They want to be a o/o and drive a fast truck. They want to reject loads. Have the home time they want. Well yer not going to do that at 90 cpm. No way no how. One would have to run 3000 miles a week for 52 weeks. That ain't going to happen not with e logs. And a lease is rent your renting the truck. Think you own it? Go do some modifications to it, and see what the bank says. You want to own a truck? Save up about 60k and use that as a down payment
    then make the monthly payments. 72 months later the truck is yours.

pumpkinhead Thanks this.
  5. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    They thought they could afford a steak dinner when they should have just eaten that PB&J with top ramen noodles.

Clamhammer Thanks this.
  6. icsheeple

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Statistics can be a little skewd, I'd like to see the O/O net AND! How much they worked/ran?

7. icsheeple

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Why do people call lease ops, owner ops? Seems like these silly "I wanna lease a truck" discussions get mixed with owner op topics and numbers.

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  8. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    I think a lot of them do it so they can go faster then 62mph. They have it in the mind one day they will own that truck and make big one. Into they spend that week in the shop get that repair bill of 4,500.00 Plus hotel cost for a week and still that truck payment. The real truth is Most that do go the l/p from the companys they don't work. Its not hard for them to mess you over. Less miles making you sit what are you gonna do? its not your truck is your name on that title? Plus when you are running loads for .90 a mile thats not even worth it. Yes you get a FSC of what about .20? so your running your truck for $1.10 a mile with weekly truck payments of around 1,000.

Clamhammer Thanks this.
  9. Jamicanexpress

Jamicanexpress Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Dayton Ohio
    Good point my friend good point truckerpete1990

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.