Why is it so hard to find good drivers?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Ziggy319, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

@Ziggy319 if these are the kinds of folks your getting on a regular basis.....I feel for you.

I remember taking an app once for a night dispatcher at the tow company I was working for at the time. She was honest. Under last job she put prostitute. Reason for leaving job: Arrested.

Anger Management, Battery charge...and then wonders why it's hard to find a job in 2020.

[​IMG]

Sirscrapntruckalot - everyone was a face palming...- sung to everyone was kung ## fighting..

TripleSix, Tall Mike and gentleroger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ziggy319

Ziggy319 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    I have no problem with a record. Perfection does not exist. Those who minimize their issues such as battery make me think they don’t take responsibility for what they did.

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    A few months ago I went into a customer, dropped in a dock and then headed around the building to the empties. I saw one of our guys sitting bobtail and I pulled over to make sure he was okay as there was no reasonable reason for him to be sitting where he was. Turns out the dummy had whacked the heck out of his tractor on a yellow pole (side note - kudos to the guy who installed and painted the yellow pole because that mo'fo took zero damage while taking out a bumper, a hood, and a headlight assembly). I talked the guy thru what he needed to do and exactly how to phrase things to mitigate the impact to him. The next day the dude had a phone call with the safety manager and a driver manager. Dude took NO responsibility for his screw up. He spent the entire conversation deflecting and blaming others. Then he quit. Then he filed for unemployment. All he had to do was say "I dun f'd up, in the future I won't try to force it in and I will GOAL" and everything would have been copacetic. Instead the dummy tried to avoid responsibility and ended up screwing himself.

5. Sanford123456

Sanford123456 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2020
    money.........

6. freebeertomorrow

freebeertomorrow Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Indiana
    where are all of the threads with "good drivers" looking for work?

hmmm

7. Ziggy319

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    This is a very close net industry. Good drivers have no need to put up an add. They know who the hood carriers are and most can pick where they want to go if they have a seat open. And the definition of a good driver is not just how much revenue they produce.

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  8. Ziggy319

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    It’s much more than money.

9. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    The talent pool is running a bit shallow too say the least...

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  10. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Honest job descriptions work.
    Guy running linehaul along with me retired, we snagged a guy, 30 years fuel hauling experience. He likes the job,,8 hours a night, home daily,no weekends and paid for any waiting time whether its 15 minutes or 15 hours,,,,companies can dang well afford it!

11. freebeertomorrow

freebeertomorrow Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Indiana
    thats the point of my post. the good drivers already know. if you're a company asking where the good drivers are, you're doing it wrong.

DoubleO7 and TripleSix Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.