Why the Dislike of Denny's?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by bowlwinkle, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Funny,it doesnt SOUND to good..:biggrin_2559:

Injun Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida

It sounds nasty but tastes great!

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Hey I can think for a few things that applies to! (And it has nothing to do with Lenney's! er Denney's!)

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  5. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    How could anything with the word "bacon" in it not sound good? :biggrin_25525:

panhandlepat Thanks this.
  6. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    Notice I said, "In many cases". That's not to say that many cops don't know their stuff, but, and you aren't being honest if you don't admit it, there are many cops that don't know squat about firearms beyond what's in their holster and the mandatory qualification at the range. I have been around cops all my life, so I'm not just talking outta my #####, here. Carrying a firearm doesn't make you a firearms expert anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car, to paraphrase a saying I heard somewhere. Don't discount someone's expertise/knowledge/experience just because they don't carry a badge.

Oh, and Desert Eagles are a novelty. Period. An expensive novelty with a cool factor, but a novelty, just the same.

7. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    I actually looked at a Desert Eagle in '92 when I got into a short-lived career in bodyguarding - long story. My brother in law was really trying to talk me into getting it - dude.... it weighs 7 pounds...and is big as hell.

He lives in Post Falls, by the way. Just sayin... :)

8. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    LOL, we do have 'em here. See them in the pawn shops, time to time, so, somebody in Post Falls is buying them. Probably transpants from the Silver Valley or Texas. :biggrin_25525:
    When the DE first came out, I was a teenager and we thought that was the greatest thing ever. We were just gonna have to have one. These days, I figure if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a sidearm, it'll be for something a little more useful, like a Warthawg and some accessories, or a Kimber (I like the Ultra Covert II), or one of the new SigSauers. Oh, and if I'm going to go for the Wow/Big Bore factor, I'm thinking .500 S&W or .460 XVR.

Oh, and to keep with the spirit of the thread, Denny's sucks and has no business in a truck stop.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    I've seen Desert eagles in the movies as carry guns...I'm thinking, right, only if they're plastic.

In the sequel to the Boondock Saints, the saints come up with .50 cal DE with a 6" blended in silencer - one in each hand...yeah right, like you're running around with 10 lbs in each hand.

On the Denny's subject... TA spoiled me when they started letting me get seconds and ruined my diet.

10. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I once ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and a coke at Denney's. What I got was more like a chilled grease sandwich and a choke. . .:biggrin_25522:

scottied67, Injun and trucker_101 Thank this.
  11. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Well...just to beat this thread to death.
    Ordered a burger and fries at Dennys here at the J in Odgen.
    Burger was great.
    Got 7 french fries.
    I complained to the waitress. She said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll get you some more."
    She brought me 4 more.
    And they wonder why Dennys has dropped Flying J and is not putting more restaurants in...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.