Wondering if I am black listed

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DevilDog79, Jul 6, 2014.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Companies can't get away like they used to...dac which is now usis by law falls under fair credit reporting act and therefore must comply with those regs...it's much easier now to dispute false claims from rogue carriers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I see nothing fair about this law do you?Does non trucking employers have something similar to the DAC that reports all the dirty laundry about their employees or is it only truckers that have this stupid credit report.If you think about it trk drivers are getting hit bigtime with everything You said its much eaier to dispute false claims,i've never had to do that but how does one dispute it an how long does it take before its off your record providing the claim is false?Having something on your DAC 7 to 10 yrs is kind of like a prison sentence for anyone wanting to drive but can't.

4. DevilDog79

DevilDog79 Light Load Member

Actually I have been out on disability for ten yrs. Not by my own choosing I was a chemical operator for BASF and suffered a freak cervical injury that caused me to have three cervical disc removed and a titanium plate screwed in my neck. That surgery should have allowed me to return to work but the surgeon screwed up and caused some permanent damage to my brachial plexus. The company made me leave because of the narcotics I was on for pain. I fought to stay but the union could do nothing. Long story short I have had a morphine pump in my abdomen for the last 8 yrs helping with chronic pain. Between WC and SS disability my retirement is decent but I was a workaholic and sitting on my butt all day has worn me out. No one will hire me not even WalMart because they are scared of the morphine pump but the interesting thing is that I can pass a CDL physical based on the concentration of morphine in my blood. So while I can't be a greeter at Wally World I can drive up and down the nations interstates pulling a load of hazmat material

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  5. DevilDog79

I want to eventually drive motor coaches but I feel i need some interstate time to be able to compete so I am probably going to drive again.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  6. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    I’m sorry about the pain you have to endure, it must be very hard to deal with day in and day out. The big problem is not passing the CDL test or even the physical, it is getting passed a trucking company’s and their insurance company's requirements.

Any trucking company’s insurance is going to have the same concerns as WalMart dose when looking at hiring you. If an accident dose happen you can bet the other side’s lawyers will be all over the morphine pump you use regardless of who was actually at fault.

Good luck, I hope the morphine pump is not an impediment to your getting a job in trucking but I would inquire with some of the companies you are thinking of going with before shelling out the bucks to get a CDL.

DevilDog79 Thanks this.
  7. DevilDog79

Ubu am I going to have to take two physicals? I thought once I had taken and passed my DOT physical that is it. How will they know of my pump unless their doctor has to see me as well?

8. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Long story short-if there's a problem, it will be with the company giving you their own drug test. I am in the same boat as you (serious back issue, can't afford surgery, so on some heavy meds- legally) and have had issues in the past. Even though the law states as long as you are prescribed your meds and have no adverse reactions that would affect your safe operation you are in the clear, legally. However, your prospective employer (or their insurance agency) can still choose not to take a chance on you. It sucks, but that's life. If there is some way legally you can pass the drug test without it coming up, that would be your best bet. PM me if you would like further explaination.
    Good luck, and thank you for your service.

9. jarhead0311

jarhead0311 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Buckhannon,WV
    Even though you have a valid cdl physical most companies will make you see their doctor anyway. Some companies are very picky and have their own rules on hiring ppl with certain medicines. It happened to me last year, stevens transport's doctor wouldn't pass me with muscle relaxers even though they were legal. I messed up my back while in the military and had two corrective surgeries. Since last year I had my doc tweak my meds so I will be hirable with anyone.

DevilDog79 Thanks this.
  10. DevilDog79

Buddy I would only take the test if I could pas it legally. I am coming back to work for me....I am fortunate it has nothing to do about finances my wife is a doc and has two primary care clinics that she sees patients at. She agrees with me in that I would never ask a doc to pass me unethically. I walk a mile a day and when I am up to three miles a day I will apply. My wife is a straight arrow and would not risk her medical license on falsifying a report. I am a big guy built like a NFL lineman and not as strong naturally as I use to be but have started lifting weights again lightly of course to restrengthen my body. I hope I don't have an issue. The lady at the local Community college assured me that she has seen a couple of men go to work with issues similar to mine. thank you for the advice and taking the time to post

L

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  11. DevilDog79

I just edited my last post. I had typed it on a tablet while eating breakfast and the letters were so small I couldnt see all the spelling errors I had made. Reading it again on the desktop was an eye opener. lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.