You and your DSR and what do they do

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by rumandcoke123, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Unka_D

Unka_D Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    The Open Road, USA
    Have you heard the latest duty that is being dumped on the DSR's???

If a driver is late on a delivery or even on a pick-up appointment and the "arm-chair" REMF's don't figure that the reason justifies them being late, then the DSR has to "Verbally-Dispatch" the driver for the next thirty days until their "on-time performance" improves.....:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

I can see where this "brilliant idea" :biggrin_25513: is going to snowball really fast into another mega-disaster!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

Amen to that :biggrin_25514:

4. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    F me, that is a nightmare in training. Who thinks this bull poo up anyway?

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Oh it can get worse.

I think they are all sharing the same play book. Or someone stole one, and sold it to every carrier out there.

I know past employers done some boneheaded things like this, especially if security was concerned about the load(s).

I've worked for 2 majors that felt the need to read me a complete HazMat refresher course via telephone, EVERY time I was given a HM load.

I'm like...DUH. I'm the one with the endorsement !!! You're just a dummy with a cheat sheet. And a burning desire to waste 15 minutes of my time about the dangers of soda syrups.

6. WonderingWhatHappened

WonderingWhatHappened Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Marshfield, WI
    I am female

7. rumandcoke123

rumandcoke123 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2008
    everywhere, usa
    To: Wondering what happened

I know your hands were tied in many instances. As a driver I would like to see your hands uncuffed. We have always worked well together and why Roehl has decided to sepparte us is beyond my knowledge.

8. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    OK I had an idea but the gal I was thinking of doesn't live in the Marsh. If you were who I think then when I lost ya I was more upset than I thought I could be(Over a dispatcher not some wierd Jerry Springer stuff). If you're not that person then it still blows that you're gone.

9. Unka_D

Unka_D Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2008
    The Open Road, USA
    Hmmm... If you're who I'm thinking of, then I was on your board a time or three in the past few years.... Sorry to see you aren't there anymore. Was sort of a shock when I found that you had been let go....

Hope you get a better job than the one you left.... Cheers!!!

10. WonderingWhatHappened

Apr 4, 2008
    Marshfield, WI
    Here's the best part - when I started dispatching, I had a board of ICs and was later moved to a different area (not by choice). One of my old drivers who I still keep in contact with (as I do with many of them) was in the office the other day and decided to as where I was (he knew the whole story already). He was told by management that I was out sick. I wonder what I have......... :biggrin_25511:

11. WonderingWhatHappened

Apr 4, 2008
    Marshfield, WI
    Actually, I've gone back to graduate school - so far things are going well. I don't miss being told to lie to people......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.