0 to 60 mph Times

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by DKTKD, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Driven2drive

Driven2drive Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ogden, Utah
    Eventually! That's the best answer on the entire thread. Any truck or bus I ever drove, that's exactly how long 0-60 took and every single time too. Some of those older Greyhounds, you timed 'em with a sundial.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Katdaddy469

Katdaddy469 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2017
    The Tesla truck acceleration is amazing!
    I suggest checking it out. Never thought I'd feel this way but....You'll possibly, unbelievably, be sold, as I was.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Forget it. You will get there when you get there.

A long time ago before computer trucks I was racing stock production ford mustangs for example with 302 v8s from light to light with a freightliner cabover and winning most of them. I would top out at 130 or so before the engine starved of fuel and by then that car is not too far behind gaining his next and last gear before the next light. It don't take long to kick a bobtail using just three gears to get to 130.

Now loaded? Er.. I say about a minute and 15 or so to 60. But one thing I never did was race loaded. I suppose a little bit of shifting fun between me and another driver now and then on a pretty day... but that's about it..

What I have done with tractors and sometimes with trailers is find a huge lot somewhere. Nice and ice with a little bit of rain coming down just above freezing to make it wet. Drift and slide that thing all around. Playtime.

That little bit of playtime came in awful handy when she did break loose and try to jack knife on actual highway ice in various places now and then.

If my bosses ever laid eyes on that 18 wheeler coming around in a full drift circle.... they would have sliced me into a thousand peices and then roasted what was left...

Here is my parting shot to you some young ones playing at small 4 wheel cars drifting around corners. Try that with a 18 wheeler.

5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    On avereage with 80k load it is about 3-4 minutes. Maybe 2.5 minutes pointing down hill and a good wind on the backside.
    If your really wanting this info and planning to drive? Do us all a favor and take your hot rodding desires else where. Trucking isnt about how hard you can get going. Trucking is more about doing your job safely because of the kind souls out there that seem to think fast is the only way to drive.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Driving fast does not time make. Im living proof of that. It will also cost more than it's worth to constantly fix something broken or melted at speeds that are excessive.

0-60 should not be your first thought. You want to be at road speed limit as close as possible for as long as possible to make your appointments. All the 0-60s in the world wont make you on time or earlier.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.