04 international 4300 dt466 missing.

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Alltowrecovery, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Alltowrecovery

Alltowrecovery Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2017
    I have a 2004 international 4300 with a dt466. It is missing and lacking power. 3 codes are coming up. Low oil pressure, operating at low temp. And ground issue in injector number 3.

It started about 5 days ago. At first if i shut the trucknof and started it it would go away and start in a short while. What can i do and how can i do it to check the injector issue before tearing into the engine to replace it. I heard check ecm and Icm ' but am unsure where to find them or how to check. Also are there others harnesses to check besides the big one on the driver side of engine. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    EGR engine? You still need to remove the rocker cover. The coil resistance for the open or close coils is 0.7 to 1.5 ohms. Should be totally open to ground. If you measure outside the engine at the pass through connector, you still don't know if it is the pass through gasket or not. The electrical fault may be intermittent and only show up when the engine is hot too, so it may check good if you test it cold. 95% of the time, it is the injector. With engines this old, we highly recommend to replace all six injectors, the pass though under valve cover harness and ICP sensor while you have it apart. If not, 4 months from now, another one goes and you are right back to where you started.

BoxCarKidd Thanks this.
  4. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    You can learn a lot on you tube at hoagland? bus company. If you have the time they have some information. Looks like Hd is quicker and has been there many times.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.