'06 D12 Automatic- blinking LED gear selection

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by xiipercent, Sep 29, 2013.

1. xiipercent

xiipercent Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2007
    It's been a wonderful summer , with no major issues with the Truck. I tripped 800k miles last month! Pretty Happy about that.

Until today. Coming up 95, climbing the Delaware Memorial bridge northbound, As the engine slow and proceeded to shift to 9th, the gearing hiccupped- like it was reving to match the new lower gear, but wasn't seating the gear. While this was happening , the LED readout on driver display showed the 9 blinking. It finally caught.But then 8th was needed. That caught no problem.
    So, I just figured it was an anomaly.

Then, when I arrived at exit 56 on 95 to pull into the Bordentown petro, I had my engine break level 1 on, and slowed to 50, about the right speed for 9th to hit the downshift . It hiccupped again, same with 8th, and then I used breaks to slow for curve. It accelerated ok in 7th, til I was ready for the lefthander into the lot. Then it hiccupped on all the gears down to 1st.
    To add to the story...I was off for 3 weeks on vacation, and this was my first trip back-And I had unhooked all cables and wires from battery terminals. No issues when I reconnected...and this was a slow and easy trip north from FL. Left Friday, and the issues popped up end of day today.

I went back into the battry box, and checked conncetions for tightness, undid the conncetions for the automatic power source, and refitted and retightened.
    So, Tommorrow is going to have me on edge as I attempt delivery.

A I doubt it's the ecu- it's got to be power connection issues---So here's the question- WHere does the power(electric current) for the transmission enter the gear selection.And could that be the issue?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Hmm on our autos I had that problem once. The auto shift sensor went out. Is urs ran by air or power?

4. xiipercent

xiipercent Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Thats a great qquestion....iassume power...callin volvo to find out

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.